Wicked Jack 06.05.11 - Evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked Jack 06.05.11 - Evening

After watching Longsands webcam all day I decided to chance it after work yesterday and head up to the marina. With just me and Pete on board we planned to steam down to Cresswell to try our luck. But after getting out of the harbour at 7pm that idea immediately went overboard. The sea was far from flat with a pretty large S.Easterly swell rolling in.

So with Cresswell out the window I decided to give the Northern Hill a go as I had heard that a few fish had started to head north. The fishing was pretty slow- but we did catch. We probably had about 10 with 2 keepers (that Pete got)...

All fish were taken on daylights baited with Rag...

I was quite suprised at the clarity of the water considering the Easterlies we have had for the last fortnight. Anyway the sun started to set around 9:00pm so we headed in...

Got back in the harbour around 9:20...

All in all an enjoyable couple of hours, I'm hoping to be out tomorrow afternoon weather permitting - fingers crossed.

Tight Lines

Dave

Well done on getting out and catching fish .

Comment

nice one
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Lovely sunset photo Dave, one more weekend of exile to go before I am back, the easterlies you's have had have kept the envy levels down!

Graham.

Comment

Yeah I bet they have Graham, not a lot of fishing lately due to those easterlies, looks like you'll be back just in time for the wrecking to kick off! we'll have to get both the boats out to the wrecks when you are back.

Comment

well done some nice photos there.
            Mick.
            Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Nice one lads, grabbing the opportunity. The evenings are just getting long and light enough to start thinking of a boat session after work.

Comment

Well done on getting out and catching,great pics

Comment

a nice night to be out well done on the catch

Comment

Working...
                  X