amble 02/05 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amble 02/05 2011

well slipped away fom the lee side of bum island at 04 45 this morning,picked up clothes and quietly doon the stairs

what to eat summat i aint had for a long time,a slice of fried porridge,with a fried egg

belly full an off tae the fashing,sailed at 7 in super conditions by half past wind had started first mark produced a few fash,then virtually nowt for two hours,despite going to a few marks

just when things looked very bleak master skipper davidson pulled us out of the mire big style
    drift after drift the fish came ingood fish on average 4 to 7lb 3 lb heavier than previous averages,countless smaller fish returned to fight another day

the party of 7 are light line lads using rods 6lb ugly sticks,which meant a lot of netting to be done,its a long lift up on the war lord

at a gestimate all left with 7 or 8 good fish each and certainly happy

the heaviest fish a cod at 8lb 10 oz was taken by gordon bell of brampton

the weather got worse as day went on not nice

in terms of bait used the fish seemed to gobble up anything long and white
    white shads strips of squid,and white feathers
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Nice to be out i bet, the window did seem to be 6am until 1pm then bad after that, seen a few boats heading back in around 2pm and spoke with a couple just getting off.

Odd mackerel here so thats good news, just need these east winds to go now then it will time to fish and use some leave.

Any day out and safe back is a good day
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Sounds like you had a good day, and plenty of fish to boot .

Comment

some nice fish then,well done! not sure if i like the sound of your breakfast like

Comment

Sounds like you had a good day then
          Back out with you again this sunday hope the fishing is as good as it has been recently

David

Comment

aye ba33 nowt like a slice of fried porridge david i wont be there this sunday,getting ready fo scotland and pike fishing
            AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Oh right well have fun getting yourself sorted
              Might give us more of a chance

Comment

I'm intrigued fried porridge?

Comment

Originally posted by Ankle-Biter View Post
                  I'm intrigued fried porridge?
                  aye its simple mate make the porridge quite thick,pour into a small wooden box(must be wood,let it set,then you can slice it.dont keep in a fridge it goes soggyjust put in a cupboard ps are you back in favour with the missus yet
                  AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
                    aye ba33 nowt like a slice of fried porridge david i wont be there this sunday,getting ready fo scotland and pike fishing
                    i still cant imagine it but i suppose you cant till youve tried it,saying that i love a tattie scone on a breakfast

cheers

chris

Comment

some nice fish caught well done

Comment

Well done on the catch.

Comment

Just picturing the scene, you creeping downstairs, then deciding on fried porridge, wonder what it looks like floating past the boat on a rough sea lol. anyway, good report, and some nice fish there.
                          P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
                            Just picturing the scene, you creeping downstairs, then deciding on fried porridge, wonder what it looks like floating past the boat on a rough sea lol. anyway, good report, and some nice fish there.
                            touch wood or what ever groundbaited once and that was due to being in tuxedo junction till 2am knocking back beer and gin like there was no tomorrow then going on micky devlin boat salvoy or salvor can remember exact name about5 hrs later never again
                            AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

kelloggs allbran .....................keeps ya regular.....fried porridge..nah...

Comment

Working...
                              X