Skate fishing 23.04.11 Scotland Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skate fishing 23.04.11 Scotland Day 2

Well after such a great day the previous day, one that made it into my top 5 of best fishing days hopes were high for more of the same but over night the weather took a turn for the worst.

Rods set but to choppy to hold bottom really

We got out to the mark again and met with a bad sea and force 5 gale, this was to spoil 5 hours of a 7 hour trip as wind and tide along with choppy seas made skate fisahing and holding bottom very hard, so i reteated to the cabin to warm upo with a news paper

We fished away and i took 2 dogfish on the small rod then on the last line left in the water as we where packing up the rod went and Dave struck into the only bite of the day, a hard fighting female that took about 1hr 30 to get in..a nice 170-180lb, we never lifted her in to the boat so this was an estimate.

After that we headed for home with a long 7hr+ drive ahead of us...so 1st day fantasic, 2nd day weather spoiled and very poor...but had a great time and would go back again.

More pics from day 1 and day 2.

My 24lb skate

One of the two dogfish

The land and view from the boat

And last the safe return of a skate as she turns and within 1 slap of her wings she moves 40ft and out of sight on the way back down to the depths.

................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

well done on your trip out a shame you didnt get the weather you had yesterday!where abouts in scotland were you ritchie?

Comment

Just down from Oban fishing the lochs.

Was a good time i had 3 skate for 334lb and my first ever thornback so was over the moon, when i can be bothered and my arms are rested i will hit the cod fishing on Stingray again
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Well done on your skate Richie, pity about the weather,and nice pics

Comment

aye itll be a bit of a come down pulling in little cod compared to them skate

Comment

ritchie can you pm me the details of the skipper and your digs up there please quite fancy giving it a go!

Comment

Another great reprot well done mate.
              Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Working...
              X