Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyne 22-04-2011

Hi,

We went out frmo the Tyne on 22-04-2011, it was a steady day with 2 many pouting being caught early doors. however we carried on and most ended up with around 8-11 decent sized cod apiece (3-7lb) so all in all a decent days fishing early in the season.

Most fish were being caught on baited daylights/hooky's with squid, cooked prawns although the biggest 8lb was caught on daylights with ragworm...go figure

from gutting the bellies of the bigger fish all seemed to have decent prawn's/sandeals and one had a small flounder.

All in all happy days....fog was thick though could only sea 100 meters infront of you.

welldone on the catch good size for this time of the year!

Comment

Well done on the catch , 11 fish is a good tally and you stuck it out through the fog...

Comment

Thanks....I guess the suncream i lathered on beforehand was really necessary :P

I thought I'd put another update on... had my first try of Pouting tonight also, not a bad fish a pain to fillet though but pouting goujons in a chill/paprika batter, served with chips peas and tartar sauce....NICE

Comment

Well done on your catch mate.

Comment

Working...
          X