amble 22/04/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amble 22/04/11

well off we sailed at 8am,foul weatherfog bitterly cold and damp and couldnt see very much either and thats the way it stayed all day down at the mark various vessls appeared out of the fog from time to time,upholder and jfk being two of them the sea was flat and the drift fairly slow fishing was steady through the day not as hectic as last sunday but good stuff none the less average bag per person around 15 fish each best fish of the trip went to melvin green,5lb 14oz taken with 20mins to go.also beat my 5lb 7oz with which i had intended to take the sweep money.sadly thats the"happy days" overrecent trips have been made up mainly of family and friends with a few others thrown in,most able to look after themselves,so little crewing to be done the real world starts on sundaynever mind it was good while it lasted
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Despite the weather sounds like a good day out and a nice report. I spent a few hours on Warkworth beach this afternoon having a few casts and the mist was very thick, wet and cold ( quite spooky ). Didnt see anyone for over 3 hours and I blanked

What boat you on Linking ?

Cheers

Jonny
    PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

boat was walord,mate
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

What bait and lures were yous using. the weather is not half as bad when your caching fish.
        In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
        Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
        Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

Cheers LingKing it all makes sense now, the other day I was asking the cost of Warlord per day and you answered pretty damn quick
          PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Fishing with Jeff on the warlord next saturday,hopefully still plenty of fish knocking around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad as a fish View Post
              What bait and lures were yous using. the weather is not half as bad when your caching fish.
              aye silly me should have put that in report prawns rag mackerel squid lures were hokkis daylite essentially owt with bait on,though bare lures did account for a few fish.big ling make yourself know on sat.,and you right i hope still some fish around
              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Will do,one of Colins mates was out with jeff a few times last year.

Comment

Good to hear the fish are still there Duncan , and with the season getting under way Sunday you'll be putting your, No1 crewman/fishing skills coaching to good use....

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                    Good to hear the fish are still there Duncan , and with the season getting under way Sunday you'll be putting your, No1 crewman/fishing skills coaching to good use....
                    and the wallpapering
                    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Micky had a fair few not as far South as you were as well yesterday LK! Nothing over 4lb though! My due off date has just been shifted back to the 18th of May! All these cracking catch reports are really rubbing it in!!!!

Graham.

Comment

Is the pasting table getting a try out yet

Comment

Alright Duncan, we were on JFK today i was looking for you but couldnt quite see you for the fog, still got a red face though. Had a great day too, some lads bringing them in 2 and 3 at a time, baited daylites seemed to do the biz, i stuck to shads and pirks and ended up with 15 others had 20 to 30 fish at least. Jimmy had the camcorder rolling so if theres any descent footage i,m sure he'll upload it... Long may it continue!!!!!

Comment

Great report and well done on the catch Lingking

Comment

Working...
                            X