Amble - Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amble - Tuesday

The forecast looked good so I thought I'd give it a go. At the marina at 07:30 but the mist rolled in, if I didn't go out before low water I would be stuffed, I almost turned round and went home but I thought I'd chance it. I went out the piers but hung around the North wall and lo and behold he answered my prayers and off I went. Round the back of the island, have yet to have any decent fish from there, then onto Northern hill. Had 3 or 4 small fish and they went back. Down to the skeers, just one other boat a bit south of the first big skeer and just me. Started catching a few small ones and each fish seemed to be better than the last one. Then I hit a purple patch and started pulling in some decent fish 4-5-6lb. Couple of times I thought I had the magic double figure cod but they turned out to be double headers. Two double headers, I only had one for the whole of last season. At the end of the day I had 19 keepers and about 15 undersized which all went back. I'm writing this and looking out of the window it's glorious, the skeers will probably fish better than yesterday.

Thanks go to Lingking for pointing me in the right direction, I was going to fish off Boulmer.

PS I was going to stick a photo up but since accessing photobucket my laptop is now playing tunes and some ad for soemething or other ??????

welldone on the catch sounds like you had a canny trip out!

Comment

thank goodness you had a decent day ian i was worried you would go south,get nowt then talk to someone who fished boulmer and did well i can relax now till its our turn on friday and sunday
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Well done on the catch mate, some nice fish you got there You can always rely on Lingking for tips on fishing spots up your way . Dont suppose the tune your computer is playing is " Congratulations " by Cliff Richard...

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
          Well done on the catch mate, some nice fish you got there You can always rely on Lingking for tips on fishing spots up your way . Dont suppose the tune your computer is playing is " Congratulations " by Cliff Richard...
          pmsl
          AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Well done on the catch, you must have had a canny weight alltogether. That fog is going to be a problem as long as those light easterlys persist, so woul advise anyone venturing out this weekend to Mark there passage back with some waypoints on the way out or follow your track markings.
            P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

im in agreement with canman on this, it's been misty/foggy hartlepool area this week too,i'm looking at fri/sun out on boat, make sure gps has tracks switched on....
              early morning....late afternoon will be very misty

don't end up in norway..................

Comment

Working...
              X