Wicked Jack 17.04.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked Jack 17.04.11

Well after the drink got the better of the original party from the night before, I grabbed the girlfriend and headed up to the marina. Turned right and headed south, beautiful day and a nice calm sea.

So, got fishing just after 1pm (after giving the girlfriend her first ever fishing lesson!)

After missing her first bite due to sheer shock that something was actually on the end of her line, she was soon into a nice cod of around 3.5 lbs

After that it was my turn to strike into something...

The fishing went frantic for about an hour with a fish a drop, including some double shots, all taking baited daylight and hokki's - After fishing further north last season, I can honestly say today was as good as if not better than just about any day up the re last year.
    So after plenty more fish, Jo got a cracking bite which, after a canny battle resulted in the best fish so far this season - a cod of around 7lb (not bad for someone who'd never picked up a rod before!!)

We carried on fishing with plenty of other boats around for about another hour

I then decided to fillet a few fish with my new chopping board - an electric guitar body which Jo had spotted floating along in the tide! it did the job perfectly...

So after getting everything filleted, I decided to have one more drift before heading home which resulted in this nicely fresh run fish

So headed home, about 4.30, we kept 8 out of the total of around 25 and put plenty back to fight another day- the freezer is already looking full! Great sign of things to come for the season - long may it continue.

Tight lines

Dave

P.S - still haven't fixed the fish finder!

brilliant report with excellent pictures, well done both of you.
    Is she now hooked!
    Chris

Comment

Cracking report Dave , why do women always show us up when we take them fishing . You wont hear the last of that for a while, well done on the catch and releases...i like the filletting board as well, is it a bass guitar...get it...bass....

Comment

great report,youll be regretting taking her out when shes expecting to go on every trip haha! well done on the catch,a lovely day for it!

Comment

well done on the catch and some great pics. who needs a fish finder
          stop what ya deein and.........

PB : cod 9lb 2oz Lynemouth Dec 10'

Comment

well done mate (I bet you take the lads out the next time lol)

Comment

Excellent report,and some great pictures well done on your catch

Comment

Great report and pictures well done to you both.

Comment

Fantastic report mate, pics are great and good fish too. She is obviously your lucky mascot.
                  P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Cheers lads! Yep she's now hooked!

Comment

you havent fixed fish finder i wouldnt bother great report great pics great fishingwell done keep em coming
                      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Well done on good catch looks like a great day and when your womans happy it tends to spread lol
                        Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Smashing Report & Photo's, Can't Wait For The Hot Sunny Days And The Swim Wear Shots
                          Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

Had to laugh when i saw the filleting board--well done

Mick.
                            Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Cracking report and pictures Dave, Two days in a row fishing as well you jammy bugger! Seems like this year has picked up just as good if not better than last! I can't wait to get home!

Graham.

Comment

Working...
                              X