Wor Lass 19th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wor Lass 19th May

The weather forecasts are getting more and more accurate these days, so it was with some disappointment that I saw last weekend’s winds. The forecasts had it right and also hinted at a fishable day today – so a plan was hatched. Take today off, it being a special day for me, and spend it fishing the rough ground in the shelter of the land. It was a good plan that lasted as far as the piers.

First task was to check my lobster pots then dig a bucket of lug. That didn’t take long with the big tides this morning.

The sea looked too good and wind too gentle to necessitate fishing inshore, it allowed the first wrecking trip of this season. I headed for the three mile wrecks and arrived at the same time as the rain. I got a soaking and didn’t manage to touch a fish. On to the second wreck, the Lyng which was brighter with plenty of fish and no rain. Time to make use of the new video camera. I’ll post some vid’s from it later if they’re any good.
    Fish were a good stamp between 2 and 5lb with the biggest about 7lb and some double shots too. Yee haaa it’s started as they came in thick and fast to start with. A puddler scotchie and some whiting showed up over the next few wrecks although none were as productive as the Lyng.

One last drop on the North Pier wreck provided another small codling before heading home for cake and candles.

Great report and a brilliant way to spend your Birthday Kevin, best wishes!
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Great stuff Kev, Happy Birthday
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

All the best Kevin ☺

Comment

Good report Kevin, and happy birthday. Glad you hit the fish, were they on the lug, or did the plastic prevale.
          P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Cheers everyone

Two thirds of the fish came to lug baited muppets and the rest came to the shads. Several of the fish were stuffed with sprats which were probably from the big shoals showing on the sounder.

Comment

All the best mate

Norm
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Great stuff Kev .......is it the weekend yet ?
                Cheers Bert

Comment

Happy Birthday for yesterday Kev!

Forecast for the weekend is getting me through a particularly arduous week...

...one word - Auditors
                  Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                  I AGREE

Comment

Great stuff sounded like it all came together
                    PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
                    PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                    PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                    PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Well done and happy birthday.
                      Mick.
                      Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
                      X