Clear All

• Mackerel

Any stripies showing on the boats yet.

Originally posted by fish2704 View Post
    Any stripies showing on the boats yet.
    believe there has been one or two taken
    Alan

Comment

Yes we had them 6 mile out and some big herring 10" ish, not alot of mackerel showing just odd one or two, week to 10 days and you wont be able to get your pirk through them
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Are there any good low water rock marks when they arrive? Hartley or maybe St Mary's? I'm pretty new to fishing (or blanking as I might as well call it) and want to pop my Mackerel cherry. Looking forward to some light tackle lure fishing....

Comment

One of the H/pool trawlers landed 8 boxes a week gone Monday 17th. 6-9 mile.

I was out 4 days, at 12 mile, in a row. I didn't fish for them nor caught any but massive bait balls showing over the days, so either sprat, sand eel or small herring.

out of the 4 days, Friday 14th all day (8 cod), Saturday 15th 4 hours (21 cod) Sunday 3 hours (10 cod) Monday 3 hours ( 12 cod) ,

But to contradict that, all of the fish had crab and prawn inside, firm flesh and no sprat or white bait.

So I would yes they have arrived because of the macky landed and bait showing, but didn't catch any........!! I should have dangled a set of feathers but never mind.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Smudged View Post
            Are there any good low water rock marks when they arrive? Hartley or maybe St Mary's? I'm pretty new to fishing (or blanking as I might as well call it) and want to pop my Mackerel cherry. Looking forward to some light tackle lure fishing....
            Whitley pipe and the beacons at newbiggin can fish but the best places are the piers

Comment

Had two bout 6mile off on Tuesday. Good stamp to.
              When God made time he made loads of it.
              Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks

Comment

None at Craster yesterday and a few of us used daylights.
                Mick.
                Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
                X