• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karm catch report

Bert,Keith,and myself fished ssbac comp this morning in
    to say the least, breezy conditions.
    we left the moorings at 8.00 , with only another three boats
    Taking part. Bert had already done his calculations and put us over an inshore wreck for the first part of the comp, where we caught a steady stream of cod , all around 3lb.
    we moved to another wreck about a mile away and it fished
    the same.
    we had about 60 cod between us, nothing big, but enough for keith to win, and Bert to catch the heaviest fish. Me......
    i made the sandwiches.....
    Thanks Bert for being "cool hand luke" and locating the cod
    and thanks Gary,

Jim, don't under estimate the importance of those sarnies

Only joking mate, and massive thanks to you and Bert for letting me get a flyer, not forgetting Gary for the use of his boat.

Hard conditions, but with the main man at the wheel if you hoy a well presented fresh bait over the side you'll get summit.

Cheers!
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Good getting out and finding fish in that wind, and Bert winning the comp.
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Good result lads two down five to go !
        Beat them in their own back yard

Comment

Cracking result lads well done, no more than what would be expected with the RayAnne missing in action though

Comment

Yes Jim it was a gusty but productive morning the inshore snags and peaks are producing well at the moment due to the crustys starting to get there backs off it was a non stop back and fourth up and down after only a couple of minutes on the bottom ,but you have to be in the right place in the fast flowing tide ,the fish are just lapping up the crab without hesitation as soon as it touches down .Great morning in great company with the result we wanted. the story may have been a little better if the weather and tides had played ball
            Cheers Bert

Comment

nice one bert

Originally posted by Tadpoleman View Post
              Yes Jim it was a gusty but productive morning the inshore snags and peaks are producing well at the moment due to the crustys starting to get there backs off it was a non stop back and fourth up and down after only a couple of minutes on the bottom ,but you have to be in the right place in the fast flowing tide ,the fish are just lapping up the crab without hesitation as soon as it touches down .Great morning in great company with the result we wanted. the story may have been a little better if the weather and tides had played ball
              well done lads
              still cracking fishing considering the amount of wind and as you say, unable to get very far offshore, baits definitely the best but we are getting some on shads now as well
              FISHING

Comment

Yes Allan i had one on the pirk yesterday300 yards off the pier end and i heard one of the north side boats had 2 boxes of tigers on the rods on Friday 9 mile off
                Cheers Bert

Comment

roll on the tigers

Originally posted by Tadpoleman View Post
                  Yes Allan i had one on the pirk yesterday300 yards off the pier end and i heard one of the north side boats had 2 boxes of tigers on the rods on Friday 9 mile off
                  I am surprised there hasn't been more mackerel caught yet. but most days boats haven't been able to get that far off with the winds,
                  lets hope to see them this week,
                  will you hurry up an get shady in the water its not the same without it.
                  this has got to be the latest you've ever got back in the water
                  cheers allan
                  FISHING

Comment

She's in Allan, but we can't use her for club comps.
                    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                      She's in Allan, but we can't use her for club comps.
                      right keith never noticed her on moorings have you moved mooring???
                      or is it me not looking hard enougth
                      FISHING

Comment

Same mooring Allan but Bert's waiting for a vacancy in the boat club.
                        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Working...
                        X