Lovely Day Out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely Day Out.

Out with Richy on his boat "On - A - Roll" yesterday 13/5/15 left the marina and headed out at approximately 13:00hrs into not promising conditions luckly this was not to be and the weather came good as did the fishing picking up plenty of coddling, ling, pollock, scotchie and whitting best being Richys ling weighing 8lb mixture of methods used from baited traces, speed jigs and shads all methods producing the goods. Picked up the two Pollock using a speed jig and had good rate of success. Best till last heading back home outside the piers a big pod of dolphins gave a good show leaping,twisting and back flipping out the water fantastic to see.

The photo of the Dolphins doesn't do them any justice I'm afraid you had to be there to see the spectacular show they put on something you would see at a big marine park and to be honest I'm not that good with modern technology.
    Last edited by big sid; 14-05-2015, 09:21 PM.
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Good report Sid with some decent fish to show. Great to see the dolphins doing their stuff.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Good report and good fishing Graham. I'm pleased to see the reports from On A Roll still popping up on the boards.

Comment

It has been fishing well Kev this year, i would say as good as 2010 and 11 but the weather has kept us in most the time, on the trips we made it out only 1 poor day was had out of 8.

Had the first mackerel and 10" herring today so its started just eed these strong winds to drop away...mind the wind v tide today had us stopped for long periods of time.

Happy fishing still 4 and 1/2 months left
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Great report, we are getting excited now, just 6 weeks and we will be down!
          2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Nice one chaps its always good to see the tigers starting to make a show
            Cheers Bert

Comment

great report and pictures well done lads.

Comment

Looks a good day out-well done on catching some nice fish there.
                Mick.
                Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

well done
                  To whoever stole my anti-depressants
                  I hope you're happy now

Comment

Working...
                  X