Amble comes good at last.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amble comes good at last.

Had a cracking day out from Amble today.
    Having fished 4 times already this year I wasn`t expecting much, but unlike the previous 4 trips it was cod, cod and more cod.
    I was fishing on Upholder, skippered by Dave Builth. We left the port at 8a.m. and headed out to the rough ground where very little had been showing up before today. There were 7 on board and pretty soon everyone was into fish, for the next 5 - 6 hours it was virtually non-stop and it didn`t seem to matter what bait was being used the fish were going mad for anything. I was fishing an orange twintail on an 8ft trace and the fish were attacking it almost as soon as I started the retrieve and several took it on the drop. Orange seemed to be the colour of the day for the shads, and baited daylites or hokkais also fished really well. It didn`t matter what the hook had on it, with prawns, squid and mackerel strip all taking fish Most fish were around the 3lb - 4lb mark with a few going to about 5lb, biggest fish of the day was a little over 6lb. In total there were 81 fish kept between the 7 of us with double that amount returned to fight another day
    All in all it was a great day out, on a lovely calm sea and we even had a couple of dolphins keeping us company for a short while.

Great session. Glad to see that the fish are starting to show on the ground in numbers. Dave really is a great skipper, working hard to find the fish and not shy of moving marks to find them. I'm looking to get out again soon but work is getting in the way!

Comment

Great day out mate, great when you didn't expect too much. That's the reason we all keep trying.
      P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

the lads on Natlie Kristanhad a good day and as they where leaving harbour three deer swan across in front of them, I have sn the photos so I kid yo not
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
          the lads on Natlie Kristanhad a good day and as they where leaving harbour three deer swan across in front of them, I have sn the photos so I kid yo not
          EH
          KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

hi bassman were did the boat go north out of amble or did he go south of the
            island mate
            Originally posted by Kentish Bassman View Post
            Had a cracking day out from Amble today.
            Having fished 4 times already this year I wasn`t expecting much, but unlike the previous 4 trips it was cod, cod and more cod.
            I was fishing on Upholder, skippered by Dave Builth. We left the port at 8a.m. and headed out to the rough ground where very little had been showing up before today. There were 7 on board and pretty soon everyone was into fish, for the next 5 - 6 hours it was virtually non-stop and it didn`t seem to matter what bait was being used the fish were going mad for anything. I was fishing an orange twintail on an 8ft trace and the fish were attacking it almost as soon as I started the retrieve and several took it on the drop. Orange seemed to be the colour of the day for the shads, and baited daylites or hokkais also fished really well. It didn`t matter what the hook had on it, with prawns, squid and mackerel strip all taking fish Most fish were around the 3lb - 4lb mark with a few going to about 5lb, biggest fish of the day was a little over 6lb. In total there were 81 fish kept between the 7 of us with double that amount returned to fight another day
            All in all it was a great day out, on a lovely calm sea and we even had a couple of dolphins keeping us company for a short while.

Comment

We fished the rough ground to the south. There were a couple of other boats there that seemed to be doing okay as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bushwacker View Post
                EH
                was in todays Sunday Sun
                Alan

Comment

Working...
                X