Lazy Daze result day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy Daze result day

Watching the forecast all week, and decided Friday was the day for a morning trip out. Headed out to a one and a half mile wreck to drop a two hook baited flapper down as the tide was easing on the last of the flood. rewarded with a few codling all between two and a half to 4lb, with fish on most drift.

Soon the tide stopped alltogether, and a light breeze from the east started making the drift awkward, so headed over to the can and anchord up while I filleted my fish, stopping to reel in one or two more codlings around the 2lb mark, which were returned.
    Headed back in with a dozen keepers. Good to get out again.
    short video.
    Last edited by canman; 09-05-2015, 10:31 AM.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

You certainly picked the right time Arthur, look's like a day out in the middle of summer, calm and barmy. Great that you managed to find our scaly friends and a good clean looking bag to boot.
    Nice read after coming in from a testing day at graft, well done mate.
    John S

Comment

Cracking pictures and report looks like a lovely summers day shame that it looks as if the weather gods are not going to be kind this weekend though

Comment

Nice one Arthur...great weather for the retired angler
        Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
        I AGREE

Comment

We must have just missed you Arthur, what time did you head in?
          We tried a few further off wrecks before saving the blank at the can with bait!
          I was out on a friends boat that he putinthe Marina on Thursday. It was great to be back out again.

Graham.

Comment

Cheers lads, certainly the best 3 hours of the last couple of weeks.
            Graham, launched at 7am, and headed back in at 11am. The can area can always save the blank
            Tried to upload a little video, but can't remember how from you tube
            Last edited by canman; 08-05-2015, 07:47 PM.
            P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

That looks great Arthur, nicely timed for the calm seas, sunshine and fish.

Comment

Nice one Arthur, I notice that "retirement" word creeping in again lol

All the best mate, well done on finding the weather window. It's more difficult these days than finding the fish

Norm
                ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Well done Arthur, looking forward to getting out on the yak.

Pete
                  Just add water!

Comment

Working...
                  X