"FAMOUS" Hartlepool 26.4.2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "FAMOUS" Hartlepool 26.4.2015

Out down Hartlepool with Dave on "Famous" again arriving in brilliant sunshine but with a very cold breeze if you got out the sun.
    I had a little wonder around the Marina as I was on the early side so I took a few snaps of the following, some windmill support vessels,

Some fishing boats, and some cracking yacht's on the backdrop of a nice morning.

My thoughts on arrival were that the sun lotion might have to make an appearance, even this early in the year for the North East came true as the day
    progressed, in fact it got "HOT"
    So off we went and tried a wreck, and no sooner had I touched the seabed, I was straight into a fish.
    A great start which continued throughout the day, again nothing special weight wise, but clean hard fighting fish, averaging 3-4lb.

3 drifts over this wreck using my favourite Sidewinder Eel gave me 8 fish and many others on the boat took similar fish.

We moved onto the ground after the last drift and fish came over the rails steadily during the day.
    Gary from Gateshead broke the cod fishing with a nice Pollock (sorry about the photo Gary)

We stayed on the ground for the rest of the day and there was someone on the boat who would have a fish on at anyone time.
    Many sized fish (codling) were returned to grow bigger and on a patch of ground we had a plague of Whiting to contend with, some were a decent size
    for this early, a solitary Ling (baby strap) came up and was quickly sent back to the depths successfully.
    A number of Red Gurnard also came up with some nice sized fish among them, and If the same person had caught them he would have had a decent bag,
    but with individuals catching them, each fish got returned.

The weather began to improve, and waterproofs began coming off all over the boat

So off to another piece of ground for another drift, and yet again, just about a fish per drop, yours truly taking another 6 on the 3 drifts we had,
    with plenty of other similar sized fish coming over.
    The shads and soft lures certainly edged the bait today.

And once more we did move, a little further south, with Whitby Point just in the distance, Dave set us up for our final drifts on a very calm North sea.

And the fish kept coming in, I had a good bag of 14 fish, so everything I caught on those last few drifts went back with a blessing for the sport they
    gave me during the day, the initial take by every fish felt like a specimen, excellent fun.
    Lots of fish on board again today and with anticipation high for this season, we could see some special individual catches up and down our coast line.
    So I left sunny Hartlepool with a good bag of fish, a burnt face and nose, but with a smile on my face.

Until the next time
    John S

Cracking photos and a very good report.. Well done on the fish mate

Comment

Excellent report and photos ..........Dave.

Comment

Nice write up, I do like the Famous. I've caught Greys when on Hartlepool boats but never a Red Gurnard.
        Species 2012.
        Uk. Codling,whiting,

Lanzarote. Scorpionfish,damselfish,red grouper,dusky grouper,red bream,white bream,red snapper,vermillion snapper,ornate wrasse,

Comment

Superb pictures and write up John, well done mate.

great stuff .... time to put the bait away

norm
          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Nice report.
            I bought one of the okuma cortez travel rods for Norway.
            Used it on Sunday to try it out , seems a nice rod and plenty of action in it.
            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
              Superb pictures and write up John, well done mate.

great stuff .... time to put the bait away

norm
              Yes Norm, the bait has been relegated to the bottom of the Freezer ( For now anyway) Thanks for your kind comments. Looking forward to returning the compliments very soon.
              John S

Comment

Originally posted by hulme6612 View Post
                Nice report.
                I bought one of the okuma cortez travel rods for Norway.
                Used it on Sunday to try it out , seems a nice rod and plenty of action in it.
                Hi Chris, yes I recall our chat about these rods, pleased you're happy with its performance up till now, and have no doubt it will manage over in Norway, I was that pleased, I got another one when we were in Glasgow for the last bank holiday from GAC, one hell of a shop that is.
                Hope your trip to Norway is successful, got a few more months before we go over.
                John S

Comment

great photos and well done on the day.

Comment

Great in depth report mate. A very successful day for everyone.
                    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

The kind of report I love John, great pics and a good read, well done on the day.
                      2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Working...
                      X