Famous, Hartlepool, 19.4.2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous, Hartlepool, 19.4.2015

First trip of many with Dave and out on Famous for a change.
    Very cold day if you didn't get in what Sun there was but, I prefer a cooler day for fishing.
    So out the marina for prompt 7am start and onto the ground straight away.
    Very slow start with only 3 or 4 small codling coming in over the first 90 minutes.
    After this I caught my first fish on the trusted sidewider strippy eel, about 3lb, then I changed over to bait.
    Bought some of that Arma-mesh and made some sausages with Bluey, Squid, Mussels, Scallop frills and Mackerel.
    It worked very well, got 2 drops out of each sausage and took 2 fish most times, although there were more that went back than kept.
    Great fun nonetheless.
    I was fishing at the front of the boat so I wasn't really aware of what was being caught, but on the way in everyone had fish, nothing massive, best might have been about 7lb but lots around the 3 to 4 lb.
    There had to be around 70 - 80 fish for the day.
    I finished with a credible 12 fish, and pleased to say more sized fish went back.
    An excellent start to the season and with similar reports coming in from the Northeast, expectations are looking very good.
    Till the next time.
    John S

tutmyster

good to see the fish are starting to show , hoping for a good season

Comment

well done

Comment

Good start to the season!
        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Great Report John, very similar it seems for many regions with lots of fish starting to show albeit smaller ones.
          I remember 3 or 4 year ago the season started the same with lots of really small fish then as the days went on they got bigger and bigger so yes, I too think its looking good for the season.

Thanks for the report, good read.

norm
          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
            I remember 3 or 4 year ago the season started the same with lots of really small fish then as the days went on they got bigger and bigger so yes, I too think its looking good for the season.

norm
            Yes Norm, I remember that season too, if memory serves me correctly, I had quite a few doubles that year, keeping everything crossed for a repeat performance and hoping to read some cracking Slinky reports.

Best of British to Team Slinky
            John S

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Shad View Post
              Yes Norm, I remember that season too, if memory serves me correctly, I had quite a few doubles that year, keeping everything crossed for a repeat performance and hoping to read some cracking Slinky reports.

Best of British to Team Slinky
              Aye cheers John, it's got that "feel" about it this season ... Lol I hope

Norm
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Well done. One of the best boats with Dave.
                Mick.
                Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
                X