Lazy Daze catch report 24/03/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy Daze catch report 24/03/15

With a good forecast for today, (light winds) Headed off to the can area of Whitley. put the anchor over and swung round in the ebbing tide. Put two baited rods out and sat back with a cup of coffee and waited, and waited............Up anchored and moved a couple of hundred yds, did the same, waited...........moved again, this time got a small codling about one and a half lb, then nowt, so moved again. this time, both rods went together with a double hookup on one of them.

Picked up a few more, all the same stamp, and now with the tide slack, had a run off to the Mars wreck.
    After several drifts over it only managed a decent pouting, so headed back to the hard ground and picked up another codling.
    Mark arrived in "Peace and Quiet" and after a quick chat, I headed close in to St. Mary's where I picked up another five codlings which were all returned.
    I kept 7 codlings and the pouting, (tasty little fish pout) and headed in filleting and skinning beforehand.

All in all, a little bit better than the last couple of trips out. Another 2-3 weeks and thing should have improved a bit.
    Last edited by canman; 24-03-2015, 08:42 PM.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

wondered who that was, I was sat on the cliffs above the Bible while the dog ran around a bit.
    Alan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1523792Pleased you had a half decent day Arthur. We only managed to pick a couple of codling up. Was back in cullercoats by 4.30. As you say another few weeks and hopefully it picks up a bit. Here's your pic from today.

Comment

Superb lads !

Norm
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Cheers for the photo mark. Still trying to send the video to your email address, just haven't figured it out yet.

Comment

Where do you lads launch down that way & what prices? I have a 4x4 so beaches are no problem cheers John

Comment

class great to see the reports beginning to trickle in well done canman on the catch and the report. Not long before we're back in the water fingers crossed

Comment

Good to see some of you getting out and thanks for the great report

Sean
                The beautifull South

Comment

Originally posted by Dignity View Post
                  Where do you lads launch down that way & what prices? I have a 4x4 so beaches are no problem cheers John
                  I launch from cullercoats pal. If I remember think it was £80 last year for the gate key. Fees due again in May so may change.

Mark

Comment

It would be a one off we live in dumfries i got my boat from royals quays next to wet & wild but have always fished that coast line

Comment

You’re well wrapped up in the photo’s Arthur. Well done to you and Mark for fitting in a mid-week trip and finding the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dignity View Post
                        It would be a one off we live in dumfries i got my boat from royals quays next to wet & wild but have always fished that coast line
                        You can also pay for a day launch, but only after the lifeguards are on duty from May onwards situated next to the lifeboat station.

Comment

Cheers for that we have had a few codling around balcary this winter nothing like the good old days

Comment

It's been a long time since I fished from there. There were some large catches of fish, not to mention the size of some of them.............great days mate.

Comment

setting the tone for the rest of us Arthur...can't wait!!!
                              Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                              I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                              X