Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boat at Amble need some advice if possible please

Hi Gents

I am looking to go out of Amble with my pal who has just got a yacht and moored her up there. I have been out on charters over the years and done a lot of rough ground fishing with varying success. I live in London now so apart from hunting the cod from the shore at xmas the chance of maybe getting out once or twice with my mate in the summer is now an exciting reality. I am aware that the skeers from Whitley Bay up to Seahouses can all hold fish and it can be a bit of a lottery as is the way with most fishing. However if any of you would be kind enough to give us a bit of a head start with some tips that would be much appreciated. We were very lucky to spend a week in Norway a few years back on a boat fishing holiday, I made a film about it .Its not all fishing with some rock art at Alta museum and some German gun emplacements from WW2 when the Tirpitz was caught illegally fishing by some Lancaster bombers and promptly dispatched for over doing the quota. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igD4XS_P0E
    Anyway enjoy and good luck this season.
    All the best
    Mark

Hi Mark,

Wow, tremendous video thanks for that ................ I'm sure we can help you out closer to the time your up here, several amble boats on here now.
    How often do you get up this part of the world.

norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Great video thanks for posting.
      Some stunning fish.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Norm and Davey, appreciated! I will most likely be up for a week in July/ August I will drop a line out to the site and of course will be vicariously fishing by reading all your reports. My feeling having caught 20 codling out of the Tyne in 3 sessions at xmas is that it will be a busy year! Here's hoping.
        Cheers
        Mark

Comment

great vid and not all fishing, like a game of risk myself.
          Alan

Comment

Working...
          X