Winter Update Mistress Whitby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Update Mistress Whitby

Its been a very long drawn out winter this year so far, since the end of November we have only managed a handful of trips between the dreadful weather systems that keep passing over us.

We were more than ready to get to sea in the new year when the opportunity arose, and well, tbh it was more than worth the wait, I had three lads booked on and it was non stop all day, the 3 lads managed to rake up over 70 cod between them.

The gaps in the weather continued to be few and far between and each time we put to sea we were rewarded with decent catches, with a couple of real bumper days giving around 100 cod for the day,
    among thise big days though there have been plenty of small codlings, and i always encourage people to throw anything back under 40cm, and we have seen a few better fish too . . .

we had a crack at the night time uptiding too and were rewarded with some cracking fish too

it is fishing after all and we have had a couple of bum days, one was due to there being very little tide and the other too much wind, and i did try to cancel the latter but the lads insisted they come and raked up around 25 codlings between the 4 of us.

The WCSA Spring festival is only just round the corner now, starting 4th April to 26th April, with £1000 to be Won! Mistress Won this event last year with a cracking Cod over 20lb. we still have a few dates available, so if youre interested in giving the even a go, then give us a shout on 07977 436903,

Tight Lines everyone

Rich

mistress

I can count seven lads in one photo not three !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Think you will find there are a few reports in one there

Comment

Some very good successful days out over the winter, so we'll done on your efforts and success.
        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Yes the report covers from new year till now really, thanks guys, its a tough job this time of year, to keep going when most are tied up,

I personally find it takes more effort getting the lads motivated through the winter months, even though the fishing can be awesome, its the 3rd winter season in a row where the fishing has been spot on, giving good signs for the upcoming summer season

we were at sea again working a weather window last night, 2pm till 8pm, the fishing was non-stop with 5 of us nailing 70-80 codlings, a lot returned best lad had nearly 30 himself, biggest would only be about 4lb the rest all seemed to be in the 2lb range
          Last edited by Mistress; 11-03-2015, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X