Windy day with Rich, Mistress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy day with Rich, Mistress

Had trip out of whitby with Rich on the Mistress.
    Wasn't sure whether we would get out as it was a bit blustery but Fair do's to Rich He give me the option of cancelling last night or coming through and having a look. Have a look I did Two lads had travelled up from Derby I believe and were really keen to try.We went out at eight to give it a bash, if it was too bad we would come back in. We were uptiding using worm(fresh, Thanks Wayne) frozen worm, squid, mussel, and cart, various combinations of.
    all combo's were catching. Rich was moving us on to the next mark when It started getting too slow, but I think we caught at all the marks.
    I caught a ling, a lobster, numerous codling and whiting all undersized or too close to size and went back. Ended up with a nice fat pan sized codling about 44cm. all in all a good day out that I thought I was going to spend on a beach or pier. I am guessing there must have been 25 fish between 4 of us taken home. one for me and 24 for the other 3, been told to pull me socks up next time. Can't wait roll on the festival in April.
    N.A.C.C.

Good report mate, glad you got out and a few fish between yous. Be glad when the weather settles down.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Well done fella's a few fish for your efforts.
      Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Originally posted by Scrubbs View Post
        Had trip out of whitby with Rich on the Mistress.
        Wasn't sure whether we would get out as it was a bit blustery but Fair do's to Rich He give me the option of cancelling last night or coming through and having a look. Have a look I did Two lads had travelled up from Derby I believe and were really keen to try.We went out at eight to give it a bash, if it was too bad we would come back in. We were uptiding using worm(fresh, Thanks Wayne) frozen worm, squid, mussel, and cart, various combinations of.
        all combo's were catching. Rich was moving us on to the next mark when It started getting too slow, but I think we caught at all the marks.
        I caught a ling, a lobster, numerous codling and whiting all undersized or too close to size and went back. Ended up with a nice fat pan sized codling about 44cm. all in all a good day out that I thought I was going to spend on a beach or pier. I am guessing there must have been 25 fish between 4 of us taken home. one for me and 24 for the other 3, been told to pull me socks up next time. Can't wait roll on the festival in April.
        It was hard work mate, i knew it would be with the conditions that why i tried to cancel the trip, the other lads enjoyed it too, i got a text later that night saying theyd had a great time! still we manged to rake up a few fish, its a pity you didnt land every fish that bit at you Peter, you d of had a box full!

tight lines

Rich

Comment

Aye I'll have to get me finger out in April Or Maybe... I am just saving myself for the prizes in the festival.
          N.A.C.C.

Comment

Fortune favours the brave, well done lads
            Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by Mistress View Post
              It was hard work mate, i knew it would be with the conditions that why i tried to cancel the trip, the other lads enjoyed it too, i got a text later that night saying theyd had a great time! still we manged to rake up a few fish, its a pity you didnt land every fish that bit at you Peter, you d of had a box full!

tight lines

Rich
              sounds like you had a great bunch of lads, those that appreciate the effort put in and don't expect loads of fish every time they go out
              Alan

Comment

Working...
              X