Fish Filleting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Filleting

Apologies if this has mentioned previously.

As a poor filleter I was interested to see the fish filleting videos on Youtube. In particular leaving the tailend connected made it a lot easier to to skin the fish. Of course the Yanks had to use electric knives but the guy with the fish filleting tool and the electric knife made it look very easy.

By the way, is there still a fish market at North Shields ?

The fish market is still there, I got myself a filleting knife from caleys yesterday, a few lads on here recomend them.

If you have a look in the Alan Charlton section of nesa you can find a canny filleting video he made a while back. Well worth a look.

Comment

There is a filleting school on the fish quay, there's some details in a post on here somewhere.
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Wonder if they still do classes Keith, think I would have a go if they were evening ones on the go. Could'nt do any harm anyway. (unless I chop me fingers off that is)

That knife from caleys seems a canny bit of kit, unbelevably sharp.

Comment

There's a vid on this site somewhere showing how to fillet fish and skin
          them.
          Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Originally posted by Codfather View Post
            Wonder if they still do classes Keith, think I would have a go if they were evening ones on the go. Could'nt do any harm anyway. (unless I chop me fingers off that is)

That knife from caleys seems a canny bit of kit, unbelevably sharp.
            The Accusharp sharpeners they do are canny as well, revived a few old knives with mine.
            Cheers, Keith.

Comment

This should do the trick;

filleting-fish.com - Fish Species

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by wildcard View Post
                This should do the trick;

filleting-fish.com - Fish Species

Alan
                Very good site that but have to say you cant beat the video on the nesa front page learnt alot from that.

Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Here here Ivan thats how i picked it up. I,m getting better as time goes on.
                  Mick.
                  Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Just read that site Wildcard put up a link to .

This extract from the "How to fillet a lobster" page is absolute class translation.

Lobster skin in the stomachs of lobsters has been found before, although this is because lobsters will eat their shed skin after molting. The shears of the lobster are very strong. He grips easily a finger of, for this reason they have been generally near bound. Before cooking remove the handcuffs, which are frequently made of rubbery stuff.

I always take the handcuffs off the wife before allowing her to cook

Can anyone recommend a supplier of rubber handcuffs?

Save our Sharks Member
                    SACN NE Regional Co-Ordinator
                    NSFC RSA representative

Comment

Working...
                    X