Wreck fishing report 27-9-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wreck fishing report 27-9-09

Eight lads from Easiaccess in Dunstan booked the boat for a bronze trip today. A nice little tide and good weather forecast seemed we were set for a decent days wreck fishing. Wrong!
    Fish had been gorging themselves on herring spawn and were difficult to catch.

YouTube - wildcard bronze 7

The anglers were decent fisherman who knew their stuff and things looked promising earlier on when a couple of good double figure fish were lost. But it was downhill from there on. Once the wind picked up it was hard work setting the drift and very little was caught. The best fish was a 12.5lb cod for Bernie Rutledge who also had a ling close to double figures. A few anglers (me included) blanked.

Bernie Rutledge from Dunstan with a 12.5lb cod

But that's why it's called fishing and not catching

Alan
    Last edited by wildcard; 28-09-2009, 10:24 AM.

Alan-no offence but i,m glad i did,nt read you hammered them.
    I went out at Craster today (tried your boat first but you were full as were the boats at Whitby) and it was the same on the hard ground. Once the wind came on it was hard work.
    Mick.
    ps how much is a bronze trip.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

At least you had one or two decent fish.

We were behind you in the lock, was speaking to the skipper (i think), canny fella.

Drift was a right pain at times today for us and wind kept getting nasty then dropping off and on again all morning, turning the sea canny snotty quickly.

We came in at dinner with just a coulple of small codling and a few mackeral.

Comment

Originally posted by Codfather View Post
        At least you had one or two decent fish.

We were behind you in the lock, was speaking to the skipper (i think), canny fella.

Drift was a right pain at times today for us and wind kept getting nasty then dropping off and on again all morning, turning the sea canny snotty quickly.

We came in at dinner with just a coulple of small codling and a few mackeral.
        Yep, saw you behind us. A nice little fast fisher you've got there.

The main problem is the fish gorging themselves on herring spawn. We could see fish on the sounder all day but they werent interested. The 12.5lb cod was stuffed with it.

Alan
        Last edited by wildcard; 28-09-2009, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X