Slinky Kate Saturday 26th September 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate Saturday 26th September 2009

Got the nod from the skipper earlier in the week and it was agreed to meet up at a pre-dawn 0600...it's actually funny but I now regard anything after 0400 a lie in

Anywho after a fuel up were away beyond thej piers in the wide ocean blue

Norman nearly broke my record for fastest fish on the first drop as he was straight into a nice Codling (apologies in advance for the quality )

Great

Today was all about the chilling and de fishing...t'was a gorgeous start to the day too

A few small kilted haggis chewers and another Codling were boated in the next hour or so - although on closer inspection of the codling it was LIFTING with lice ...so back the little fella went (I hasten to add it was caught toward the south side of the Tyne so perhaps it was heading home after a good night )

Decision was made to head out of our comfort zone and head north to Newbiggin so off we went

We had everything a Cod could possibly want - even fresh crab

But they weren't playing - Norman managed another Codling for the pot and I pulled in a small un that was returned to grow fatter in time for spring

On the way back Norman tried a couple of "new" numbers on the chart and would you beleive it the first one we tried looking for wasn't even there so we went on to another - found this one although it was about the size of a mini going off the profile on the plotter

And then we headed back into familiar territory - we struggled with the macky and as such only managed 2 all day...

Funny old game fishing - we sought them here, there and everywhere today with 45 miles being clocked up - but for Slinky Kate and her crew the fish just weren't playing nicely

BUT it was a gorgeous day and our attitude was pretty relaxed all day which as ever makes it al the more fun - cheers as always Norman

Until the next time

Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Pleased you had a good day lads sorry to hear the fish weren't playing tho
    Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Good report Tony, some nice pics.

Comment

That it till next year Tony, or are there plans for later? Well done regardless.
        To get away from dragons and catch monsters.

Pig Hunter

Comment

As you say it was just nice to be out on such a warm sunny September day, we only had 11 cod/ling that day and the drift was perfect for hours.

Until next time i am sure
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

canny day but im sure the urge for another session with nice weather wont go a miss
            Panel Pin Champ

Comment

well done lads looks llike some lovely bait. Read on the wildcard post fish are stuffing themselves with herring spawn.
              I,m not an expert on the boat fishing but it looks like a lot of lads pack up about now.
              Must be the seasonal thing.

Mick.
              Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Norman
                suggest you get the propellor balanced before you go out again, the vibration does nothing for photographic work
                Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
                  Norman
                  suggest you get the propellor balanced before you go out again, the vibration does nothing for photographic work
                  that'd be the fault of the cabin boy trying to take a picture with one hand while still fishing
                  Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                  I AGREE

Comment

see what happens when you try and be clever
                    Alan

Comment

One day Alan, someone will invent a preview screen on the back of digital cameras so you can check and see if you like the picture you`ve just taken or if you need to take another ..............

]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X