Stingray 12.9.09 New PB Record :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray 12.9.09 New PB Record :)

Well hopes high from the start of the day, infact had trouble getting to sleep last night for today.

Well headed out from the piers with myself and my mam onboard again, stopped off for mackerel..............1 hour later we only had 14 mackerel and must have tried 7-8 stops as well as over a well known wreck for them.

Anyway started on the inshore wrecks taken nothing at all from them so the few hour trip i had planned was scrapped and i set off to 2 of my bankers as know way was i blanking on a fantastic flat sunny day lke today.

55mins later on a banker and yep it was fish after fish after fiah after fish, infact it was a new PB record for me with most fish in one day.
    Anywhhoooo my mam was into fish first and it was the biggest at the end of the day as well a 9lb 9oz cod, followed by a 7lb ling..at this point i had nothing but that never lastewd long, with the tide at slack drift was 0.0-0,2 for over 2 hours and we hammered them, ling after ling after ling.

So a cracking day at sea, would say it was up there with the best ever...

Stingrays total for the day....

Me...

33 ling 4lb-8lb
    1 cod 8lb

My mam...

8 ling upto 7lb
    1 cod 9lb 9oz

only 14 mackerel between us.

Best bait live fished sandeel that we pcike dup 2 at a time at the pier ends.

What a day am shattered 41 ling and 2 cod not bad going for 8 hours at sea.

I will point out that only 2 ling kept today due to dieing, everything else put back as well as the 2 big cod.

Few pics of my mam's fish and the sea state as well as me with the 2 that would not go back.
    Last edited by northeast1; 12-09-2009, 05:39 PM.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Few pics
    Attached Files
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

nice one richy, was it the same banker we went to.

where's the pics gone

Comment

Originally posted by tonynufc View Post
        nice one richy, was it the same banker we went to.

where's the pics gone

oops sorry i see them now

Comment

Cracking mate ,it always had the makings of a good day ,I was thinking of you jammy lads out there today while I kept the wheels of industry going.
          You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

No Tony Difo direction, 1st time i fished it since Late July but it was crammed with fish.
            ____[ ~ \_____
            [__On-A-Roll__/
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            P.B
            SKATE 204lb
            COD 51lb
            LING 32lb
            TOPE 40lb
            CONGER 25lb
            HADDOCK 10lb
            HALIBUT 37lb
            COALIE 16lb
            BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

nice report mate

Comment

Well done m8 thats more quality fish than I have caught in the last few years. Was down Whitley bay beach with the wife and kids this afternoon and the wife kept telling me to shut up about how great the sea looked for getting out on a boat she cant understand how addictive fishing can be.

Thinking about giving S Shields pier a go in the morning. Probably last chance for mackerel.

Jonny
                PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Great catch!!!

Must be great fishing with ya mam, bet she brings you a packed lunch etc.

No wonder you returned most of the fish, imagine having to fillet that lot.
                  Cheers, Keith.

Comment

welldone mate, bet ur knackered pullin all those fish up great weather for it too

Comment

Nice one Rich, well done mate. Seems an inordinate number of ling around this season, but the majority are small. Anyway they still pull your string so a catch is a catch

congrats

norm
                      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Yer i still love it as everytime your rod gets pulled down your thinking is it a 20

Every single one was 4-7lb with the two cod both 8lb+, never had a day like for a while, they just loved the lip hooked live sandeel, hit the bottom and within 10 seconds wamm, had 4 ling off one drift due to the speed and how quick they jumped on the hook.

Lost 11 sets of gear like but worth it, 1 weekend left for me as other 2 that i feel is worth fishing i am busy.
                        ____[ ~ \_____
                        [__On-A-Roll__/
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        P.B
                        SKATE 204lb
                        COD 51lb
                        LING 32lb
                        TOPE 40lb
                        CONGER 25lb
                        HADDOCK 10lb
                        HALIBUT 37lb
                        COALIE 16lb
                        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Sounds like a crackin day out, well done. That sea looked nice today.

We made it out for the last couple of hours light and came back in, in the dark.

Comment

Thats a fantastic day out.
                            My good lady wife dosen't get it when I tell her I have caught loads of fish and put most of them back.

It's a man thing.

Alan

Comment

well done mate
                              did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

Working...
                              X