Missy - 06.09.09 - Swell Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missy - 06.09.09 - Swell Time

It was a should we - should'nt we decision for today, but we gave in, as we have'nt been able to get out for a while.

Got to the marina for about 7.30 am through the lock and headed out expecting big swells but were greeted by just a lazy swell and slight chopp.

Knowing it would probably blow up and get worse throughout the day we headed out to the furthest mark first and made our way slowly back.

Second drift on the first wreck I thought I was into a good un but it turned out to be two pollock, biggest just over 5lb.
    Had one or two more fish from this wreck, nothing massive and then tried some hard ground. The wind and drift had picked up canny by then. Their was'nt much doing on the rough stuff so we made our way back towards hartlepool trying a couple of wrecks on the way.

Al try a little video when I get a chance, nowt like Normans movies mind lol.
    Only had one or two more fish from these wrecks, the drift was pretty bad and sea had gettin a bit nasty so we headed back in at a slow pace in the building sea.

We had a few fish, the batteries had a good charge and the boat had a nice salt water scrub on the way back in lol. So not a totally wasted day.
    Sure was a rough ride back in tho, glad of the cab to hide in.

First Wreck

Double shot of Pollock

Have to keep half an eye open fishing this one

Codling

Another little Pollock

Nice1 it was hard going but you found fish in the end.

Wish some of them pollack would head down thsi way, seems alot up your area this year.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Have been a few about this year NE1, alot more than previous years anyway.

Had trouble finding time to get out at all this season, have to cram in some winter uptideing to make up for it.

Comment

Quick video;

Comment

Looks a bit choppy at the end of that video check your fillings time back at the marina lol. Hope you get a few calm days out with a bit of sunshine before you need to resort to winter uptiding

Ray

Comment

spot on codfather, and the video adds everything ................
            sure was a bit choppy there as was at the tyne as well

double header pollack ? that must have felt like a monster, well done

cheers

norm
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Well done lads, 1 pollack gives a goods scrap so I can only imagine what 2 felt like.
              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Love Pollack - great looking fish...good eating too (to me at least)

Well Done Lads
                Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                X