Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray catch report

Well Stingray 0- weather 1

It was a day not to remember for me, one of the few days in my life i feel i had just stayed in bed

Set off at 5.30am from home to find the road closed to tynemouth so set off after the only other route i knew...yep that closed also so ened up doing a 20min drive in 45mins.

Got to the mariner and decided to test the outboard until the crew turned up, it is inside the cabin and is just over 5 stone so not very easy to move around in a small space........i must have caught the wiring under the dash and lost the electrics...after a 15mins of checking wires out i found i had pulled the crimps off the wiring for the dash electrics.

Anyway out the lock and off for the fuel,....yep the fuel pump was not working and took a while to get it going on slow mo as the pump would not kick in.

At last out to sea, hit into 100s of mackerel after 1 stop with out any, so set off to the wrecks that produced so well couple of weeks ago...long steam out later and when we stopped the sea was building and the wind was blowing a hoolie...fast drift 1.7k at times so after a few drifts on some close in wrecks as could not make it miles off we called it a day for wrecks and tried the rought ground.

Fished the rough ground for an hour and with out getting a bite decided to head for home.

Total catch report was about

70 mackerel
    3 ling for me
    3 ling for Jason
    1 scottie

Best fish about 6-7lb

Not a great day but if thursday is as good as it says i will be having the day off and be out for a 12hr sesh failing that sat sunday next week

Hope others had better luck, seen 3 other boats out and 1 charter
    Last edited by northeast1; 06-09-2009, 06:23 PM. Reason: spelling...again
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Don't you just hate days like that!
    To get away from dragons and catch monsters.

Pig Hunter

Comment

at least you were out trying mate, better than sitting in the house.

Comment

hoolie

never mind lads. the weather gets the best of us all at times and that electricity stuff.

Comment

Well done for perserverence Richy , a lot would have packed in before they got to the marina on a day like that. I was down at Cambois at lunchtime with my lad and his football team (2-1 to us yeah! ) and the sea looked like it will settle quickly if the wind dies down. My boats back in the water tomorrow and I'll be having Thursday off as well lol. 3 ling each aint bad on such a day mate

Ray

Comment

Good effort Richy, shame the wireing trouble put a bad start to the day, not just us that things like that happens too then.

Comment

good effort richie, it was a bit of an off day for fishing thats for sure ...

still it makes all the good days taste sweeter.

norm
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Nice one lads, that's a canny catch on a difficult day.

Sounds like you need to get your wiring clipped up out the way.
                Cheers, Keith.

Comment

It was my own fault i fitted a car radio and 2 speakers the other week and never put all the wires back in the rush to get out fishing, just caught them when moving the outboard..all sorted and back under the dash now so nothing showing

Roll on Thursday and the weekend
                  ................__................................ .............................
                  ____[ ~ \_____
                  [__On-A-Roll__/
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  P.B
                  SKATE 204lb
                  COD 51lb
                  LING 32lb
                  TOPE 40lb
                  CONGER 25lb
                  HADDOCK 10lb
                  HALIBUT 37lb
                  COALIE 16lb