Stingray 30.8.09 Hard Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray 30.8.09 Hard Day

Well set off from home at 5am this morning to find the Tyne bridge was shut for road works so it was a back track and off a difo way, got to the mariner at 5.20am and was on the fuel berth ready and willing at 5.45am.

Fueled up crew picked up and off we went, 1st stop 300 yards off the pier for mackerel....hundreds of them and i mean hundreds of them..5 at a time and with in a couple of mins we had our lot for the days fishing.

Due to the building south rollers i decided not to go right off and hit the wrecks that have produced so well of late so stuck with a few golden oldies. Tried 3 wrecks before any othe rus caught a cod and ling, drift not very good and it was abit rock and roll with the south rollers but we found a few fish in the end.

A suprise of the day was catching a cod with a trace in its mouth that i lost on that wreck last Thursday, it was 100% my trace and still had abit of mackerel on...poor fish err caught one dragging a trace around then caught and killed 3 days later. (makes you think how many down there hooked up )

So headed home at about 3.30pm with a choppy building sea in toe.

Boats catch for the day was well done on normal but still a few nice fish and yet again a double figure cod of 11lb 8oz for myself.

Boats catch....8 ling 4lb-8lb
    4 codling 4lb-11lb.8oz
    Mackerel
    Whiting
    Scotties

My catch 4 ling and 1 11lb 8oz codling, 4 whiting and loads of mackerel.

Few pics and the 1st one is something i never thought i would see myself do, driving out the pier sin darkness.
    Attached Files
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Well done yet again, nice cod.

A mate of mine was out off Sunderland today said there was a canny roll on.

Comment

doubler

cracking double cerd that richie and welldone on re-catching the fish you had neglected to catch last time around. it looks like a day for "sea legs" with that chop on the water

Comment

Yer sorry mate for not letting you know sooner, left my main mob at home with peoples number son.
        Was not an easy day today, we worked for our fish and worked to stand up at some points
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

cheers for the report, nice fish that mate.

Comment

nice report again pics good too

Comment

We cancelled our party yesterday due to the conditions but a double figure cod was a nice reward for your efforts.

Alan

Comment

Working...
              X