wildcard catch report 27-8-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wildcard catch report 27-8-09

We had a party from the Dunelm club, Durham who had never fished before. They hired 10 super kenzaki braid rods from us and caught plenty of fish. Biggest fish was a ling of 15lb exactly with both cod and pollock into double figures.

YouTube - wildcard bronze 6

Alan

cracking alan, and great vid and pictures, well done on giving first timers a good day out with a great catch ... excellent

norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Some nice fish caught, good report.

Did you get many fish on the rough ground ?

Comment

Originally posted by Codfather View Post
        Some nice fish caught, good report.

Did you get many fish on the rough ground ?
        There were some nice neap tides that day so we fished wrecks all day. The drift was just perfect. The lads bought all their terminal gear off me and went through £200 worth, but you got to be in it to win it.

Alan

Comment

Yer nice stamp of fish, them neap tides just fantastic 6hrs of 0.0-0.3
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by wildcard View Post
            There were some nice neap tides that day so we fished wrecks all day. The drift was just perfect. The lads bought all their terminal gear off me and went through £200 worth, but you got to be in it to win it.

Alan
            alan 200 quids worth ? how much gear did there lose must have been loads, thats why i prefer the rough ground to wrecks,
            Last edited by keithm; 29-08-2009, 09:47 PM.

Comment

well if its ten lads payin full whack for rigs and leads its about right on average well done lads

Comment

Originally posted by el_sid View Post
                well if its ten lads payin full whack for rigs and leads its about right on average well done lads
                so ya talking £20 on top of trip all adds up
                Last edited by keithm; 29-08-2009, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keithm View Post
                  so ya talking £20 on top of trip all adds up
                  lol, not cheap wen u total the gear loss wen ur wreckin, £1 - £1.50 rigs and £1plus on leads, average 10+ gear loss

Comment

lol, not cheap wen u total the gear loss wen ur wreckin, £1 - £1.50 rigs and £1plus on leads, average 10+ gear loss
                    keep ya wrecking lol sooner do rough ground beats reel in lads every minute, and i know a well known skipper who hates the wrecks says there too overated as after the drift ya back on mud , to me wrecking is overated compared to rough ground fishing but thats been my choice since early 80s
                    Last edited by keithm; 30-08-2009, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by keithm View Post
                      keep ya wrecking lol sooner do rough ground beats reel in lads every minute
                      u can make ur own rigs and leads tho mate lot cheaper

Comment

u can make ur own rigs and leads tho mate lot cheaper
                        agree m8 i got like 5 solder bars here just need drilling and cutting

Comment

These lads had never fished before and lost way more gear than they should have done. We all know it is important to keep end gear as near perpendicular as possible to increase catches and reduce tackle loss but some lads couldn't grasp this and continually lost shads and leads.

Brian Carragher from another forum noticed that the last fish boated on the video is a strap conger. I hadn't noticed it myself and none of the party would have a clue.

Alan

Comment

alan good day though as seems everyone is not getting out, me inc lol

Comment

Working...
                            X