stingray 27/08/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stingray 27/08/09

after being told last night that todays trip was 50/50 for us to get out im pleased that i did get out. the day started badly with me not getting much sleep last night and then going to billy's for bait and daylights at 7.30 to find he wasn't open .anyway off we went. first stop was for mackeral, tried one spot but only the odd one so we moved somewhere that richy (northeast1) knew would have a lot of mackeral, and there was lots. we got 35-40 in no time. off to the wrecks we went.the first few didn't produce any decent fish but there was a few whiting and pouting (im told the pouting is also called a steve fish). we kept moving till we found the fish and eventually we did, maily codling at first with my biggest being 6lb(a new pb), then richy took us to a wreck that holds loads of ling and he was right. it was ling after ling and my biggest was just over 6lb and its a new species for me. between three of us we ended up with about 30-40 cod and ling and richy nearly broke one of his personal records but i'll let him tell you about that. thaks for a great day richy you've been a star and nice to meet you at last. start yourself a charter business you'll give a certain mr skinner a run for his money
    here's some pics and a video will follow.

Last edited by tonynufc; 27-08-2009, 07:30 PM.

Sounds like a great day .

Richy ,looks like you need some fish boxes mate
    You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Sounds like a great day again - well done lads.

Finished work for a long weekend so hoping for a fix myself
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Nice one rich, I`ll second Steve on the box bit though

norm
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Dont often keep fish Steve but from that wreck its over 200ft and just about every fish is dead when it hits the surface, it was a good day but made better as the feeling from me driving to the boat was a day of the rough ground close in, how wrong can they be err.

Yer my record is 9 ling in 9 drifts i got the 9 in 9 but could not break it and do the 10.

As for Skinner and the rest, i have a few wrecks that hold fish often they have a list as long as my boat of them

Glad you had a good day, am just having my indian then bed...callled Fridays trip off just now, sea looking poop with 30-40mph sw winds.
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

nice one rich / lads did you get the record of fish on successive drifts or equal it. That is one bit bong eye pouting but the distubing thing is the colour of the rod and it even clashes with the line loL

jason
            give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

here's the video of one of richy's ling.

hope it works

Comment

Another excellent day - well done all
                Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                I AGREE

Comment

Originally posted by jason View Post
                  nice one rich / lads did you get the record of fish on successive drifts or equal it. That is one bit bong eye pouting but the distubing thing is the colour of the rod and it even clashes with the line loL

jason
                  he got 9 fish on 9 drifts which equalled his record

Comment

My record is 12 snags in 9 drifts
                    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                      i think i nearly beat that today pmsl

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post

It's a suprise the fish down there don't get lead poisoning
                        You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Originally posted by SIXFOOTSTEVE View Post
                          It's a suprise the fish down there don't get lead poisoning
                          dont say things like that you'll have greenpeace chasing us

Comment

I made 112 10oz leads at the end of June, total left 17 lol

Glad you two had a good day anyway, paying for it now arms killing
                            ................__................................ .............................
                            ____[ ~ \_____
                            [__On-A-Roll__/
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                            P.B
                            SKATE 204lb
                            COD 51lb
                            LING 32lb
                            TOPE 40lb
                            CONGER 25lb
                            HADDOCK 10lb
                            HALIBUT 37lb
                            COALIE 16lb
                            BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Well done lads good day those fish must be a health and safety issue lying around slips and trips n all that LOL
                              Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X