No announcement yet.

Slink Kate 22nd August 2009 - Myth Busters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought ,I guess as it was a first then obviously conger wouldn't be the first thought ...mind you we need to try it in the future ,what do you think skipper ?
    You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

aye steve ... but by the news at the mo it comes second to porbeagle fishing
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

MMMMMM now there's a thought ,what a scoop for team Slinky that would be eh !

Comment

Me and el_sid spent the day looking for the shark, wire trace and reel loaded up with 80lb braid and 12ft of 100lb rub line (cant bloody bend it)

Great to see veryone had a good day out in the sun and the weather got it so wrong
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

steve shhhh ... but ... are you any good at blowing balloons up
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SIXFOOTSTEVE View Post
              MMMMMM now there's a thought ,what a scoop for team Slinky that would be eh !
              We did discuss it in fact...

Tony: "What the **** would we do??"

Norman: "S*** myself, take a picture/video and cut the trace!"

(or words to that effect - artistic licence was used in the recollection)

Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
              I AGREE

Comment

Aye mate ,good for something at least lol

Comment

We need to do some research to make sure we have the right tactics etc and of course the fish goes back safe and well ......if we ever get one .

As ever professionalism in all matters

Comment

Conger eels ......... the divers reckon they see them on the wrecks living in the boilers etc. I've never heard of any caught and wondered if the divers were seeing big ling. I found a wreck that is perfect for anchoring over in an ebb tide , there is about a 20ft drop off over the side of the wreck , when you drift over it (on an ebb) if you can catch it just right and drop down the side it's a take every time. I reckoned anchor up just south of the wreck and let out rope bit by bit till the stern is directly over the drop off and drop a bait down there. Never tried it yet , never seen a boat anchored anywhere fishing , thought it might be taboo or dangerous or something ?
                    Ooh I'm all excited

Ray

Comment

Sharks..... went shark fishing off portugal some years back , must have been about 20 miles off out in the atlantic fishing for blues , tactics were much the same as pike fishing , sardines for bait , big hook and a float with the sardine suspended below it , lobbed out and the boat left to drift.
                      I've never seen so much vomit in my life as i did that day (rough is an understatement ) but one blue shark was caught and boated and despite the charter boats promises of conservation was battered over the head with a pick axe handle , got to see a blue shark up close and personal though.
                      Not something I'd like to be attached to in my little boat , or a porgie for that matter , I'll leave that to the bigger boats (we're going to need a bigger boat )

Ray

Comment

anchor hauling technique in the vid leads a lot to be desired...rife for strained back/shoulder

but that was in 30 foot of water...the wreck anchoring was far more controlled
                        Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                        I AGREE

Comment

well done lads sounds like yous had a great day too, and that weather couldnt of been any different, good to see lots of fish caught by all

Comment

Great report Tony and well done lads pleased to see slinky back on the cod!!
                            Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X