Evelyn - Jane Hartlepool 12/8/09 ling,ling and more ling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evelyn - Jane Hartlepool 12/8/09 ling,ling and more ling

Excellent day out today. Left port at 0700 stopped off for macky - not many about but got enough for the day. Over fifty ling on board - biggest 13.5 lb. At times the skipper did not know where to go next with the gaff.
    Not many cod biggest about 7.5 lb.Plenty of whities biggest about 1.5 lb.
    Several cracking fish lost.
    This was the biggest catch I have seen for a long time from a boat in the north east.
    Good skipper, excellent weather back into port 1730 and at £25 per head it was superb value.
    Cracking day out.
    Last edited by fish2704; 12-08-2009, 08:45 PM.

it sure was a good day im the 1 who got everyones quids from sweep.ended up with 9 ling in total and 3 stone of filleted fish to follow.skipper was great very helpful cant wait to get out there again next week .lost 2 huge fish hopefully next time will land 1 of them.will post pics later from my huge catch and the 13.5 pounder.great day was had by all and a great bunch of lads well done everybody.

Comment

good trip it sounded, i had my trip cancelled for tomorrow, might try for next week sometime

Comment

pity you couldnt have gotten out today think you would have bagged up .only 3 mph winds today .not sure if boats out today but if is sure there will be good catch and excellent report to follow.

Comment

Its all about finding them at the moment, i have found some of my old fav wrecks have been dead this year and some i only used to fish if passing has fished like mad.

Shocked the trip for Friday is off as light winds, smooth to slight sea and small tides would ahve made it a good day.

I was planning on 2 days out this weekend but its touch and go at the moment, even if the sea was flat that wind would make the drift so fast it would be a waste of time.

Nice catch thou, Hope it keeps going a few more weeks and well into Oct
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by fish2704 View Post
            Excellent day out today. Left port at 0700 stopped off for macky - not many about but got enough for the day. Over fifty ling on board - biggest 13.5 lb. At times the skipper did not know where to go next with the gaff.
            Not many cod biggest about 7.5 lb.Plenty of whities biggest about 1.5 lb.
            Several cracking fish lost.
            This was the biggest catch I have seen for a long time from a boat in the north east.
            Good skipper, excellent weather back into port 1730 and at £25 per head it was superb value.
            Cracking day out.
            had many a good day out with Paul in years gone by, he certainly works hard for his parties, actually got my biggest ever cod on the Evelyn Jane, well over 20lb.
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
              Its all about finding them at the moment, i have found some of my old fav wrecks have been dead this year and some i only used to fish if passing has fished like mad.

Shocked the trip for Friday is off as light winds, smooth to slight sea and small tides would ahve made it a good day.

I was planning on 2 days out this weekend but its touch and go at the moment, even if the sea was flat that wind would make the drift so fast it would be a waste of time.

Nice catch thou, Hope it keeps going a few more weeks and well into Oct
              my trip tomorow was cancelled because 2 other people pulled out

Comment

Ow so my post wont have helpped you then regarding the should have been a good day :0)

Always next time
                ................__................................ .............................
                ____[ ~ \_____
                [__On-A-Roll__/
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                P.B
                SKATE 204lb
                COD 51lb
                LING 32lb
                TOPE 40lb
                CONGER 25lb
                HADDOCK 10lb
                HALIBUT 37lb
                COALIE 16lb
                BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
                  Ow so my post wont have helpped you then regarding the should have been a good day :0)

Always next time
                  yea gonna try after the weekend one day

Comment

weather supposed to be crap weekend and after for few days,i rang paul tonight (E Jane) was very friendly indeed, told me to ring him tuesday night when thats when weather might be better

Comment

Sounds like a canny trip out.

We named a wreck EJ as the first three or four times we fished it the Evlyn Jane would appear out of nowear and fish it with us.

Comment

Working...
                      X