No announcement yet.

Police fishing compo.17/07/09. WHITBY.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police fishing compo.17/07/09. WHITBY.

Hello lads We fished a police compo up at Whitby yesterday. Set alarm for 3:45 am out at 4:05 and down for my 71 year old mate Bill.
    Arrived into Whitby just before 6 am. £7 parking charge in the railway station then down onto the harbour . 4 boats with about 11-12 men on each. I was disappointed not to get Never can tell a. Ended up on Sarah Michelle (think the surname was that) and off we went.
    Fished from 8am. It was hard going-nowt for me for the first 2 hours. The lads on the other side of the boat were pulling up some nice codling on baited hooks.
    3pm came and i was glad-it was hard work and condition were worsening. I had a codling caught on a white shad. and a nice whitey caught on a baited hockeye.
    Had a presentation in a pub at Sandsend then it was home-tired out.
    Northumbria lads did well.
    Biggest fish was a Ling just under 10 lb which a NorthYorks lad caught.
    Thanks to Dougie and the Cleveland lads who organised the compo.
    Funny thing was the lad behind me was catching cod using mussle,razer yet the lad next to me had hardly out-he was using fresh mussle and some big fresh peeler-i had squid and macky.
    Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Sounds like really hard going Mick its about time that we had some settled weather to kick it off again can oly wait it out
    Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Working...
    X