Stingray sad catch report 5.7.09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray sad catch report 5.7.09

Well set off at 10.30am to go macky bashing, never laned a single one close in so headed down to Souter with family on board to see the caves and have a fish...ended upw ith a couple of small codling about 2lb.

Headed out to a few wrecks not tried for a while and seen Norman on the way, managed 4 ling and 2 codling with 1 mackerel lol.

Headed for home at 4pm.

Got in the house tired and smelly but when opening the door i seen my dog of 16 years had passed away on the floor. It was hard to take seeing her like that and thinking if i had not of gone fishing she would not have died alone, went out in the thunder storm that had just started and put her to rest in my garden.

Off for a few cans now
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Sorry to hear about your dog Ritchie ,I hope she went peacefully mate.
    You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

im gutted for ya mate, it would kill me if my dogs went up above. they're part of the family

Comment

1 mackerel lol, sure she died peacfully canny age though and the hardest part a reckon is taken them to vets to get put down so u could look at it that way mate, just think shes had a good life and got to a good age, still very sad my last 1 got to 16 but had to get him put down it was heartbreakin

Comment

Sorry to hear about the dog Ritchie, Just remember the good times which i'm sure you will. I still miss my last dog. they are not daft, and she probably decided to go when all the family were out, nevertheless there will be a big void

Comment

very sad news mate but thats a good age for a dog and plenty memorys the time you have had it what type of dog was it i have a springer spaniel and im thinking this thing will out live me
            Panel Pin Champ

Comment

sorry to hear that news richy

sless

Comment

Probably best you were not there Richy, you wouldn't have been able to do anything and it could only hurt seeing it happen.
                "My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it." - Koos Brandt

Comment

Real sorry to hear that news rich ... words can`t say
                  ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                  . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                  ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Real sorry to hear that richie

Comment

I dont know you personaly mate but my heart goes out to you. ive lost two dogs in 3 years but have a pup again now am so sorry for your loss.
                      stew

Comment

Cheers lads, its not so much she died as she was old its just she died alone.

Had no peace tonight as my other 1 (same age bought at same time) is going wild looking all over and cant settle.

Anyway on a fish note hope some lads off here did well in the comp, i passed them at about 4pm and never seemed much taken to the table...one boat had a coalie about 2lb and that was it.
                        ................__................................ .............................
                        ____[ ~ \_____
                        [__On-A-Roll__/
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        P.B
                        SKATE 204lb
                        COD 51lb
                        LING 32lb
                        TOPE 40lb
                        CONGER 25lb
                        HADDOCK 10lb
                        HALIBUT 37lb
                        COALIE 16lb
                        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Sorry to here about the dog, it's heartbreaking when it happens....happened to me about 3 months ago so i know how your feeling

Comment

sorry to hear that rich
                            Alan

Comment

My condolances mate. Had a good innings though. I'm sure you have plenty of memories
                              Tides & Sea State For North Shields
                              http://www.mumm.ac.be/EN/Models/Oper...n=northshields

Comment

Working...
                              X