Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayaking st abbs head

Hi
    Went to st abbs with the yak and 2 friends who were going to shore fish while i paddled about, We decided to fish around the st abbs head area, a place of beauty with fantastic scenery! They gave me a hand to launch at Peticowick bay, what a t*wat of a launch, steep grass/mud/rock track then slimey rocks all the way to the waters edge.
    I got around the head where almost all the accessible rock marks were taken by anglers enjoying the lovely spell of weather.
    I had a great pollack of 7.5lb on my John wilson 6 shooter that was almost bent double under the yak as the fish kept crash diving under the yak with my spinner in it's gob today i had codling to 5lb some coalfish, wrasse and pollack, My mates did not fair so good only having small pollack and coalfish from the rock ends. Paddled into st abbs harbour to land as there were some big claps of thunder and did not want to be out there when the lightning started
    Here are a few pics from today.

The launch site

First fish of the day

Coal fish on spinner

5lb codling

another about 4lb

A couple of pics of my 7.5lb pollack

Another coalfish

And the rest of lovely scenery

Just add water!

[QUOTE=mallconpak;177084]Hi
    Went to st abbs with the yak and 2 friends who were going to shore fish while i paddled about, We decided to fish around the st abbs head area, a place of beauty with fantastic scenery! They gave me a hand to launch at Peticowick bay, what a t*wat of a launch, steep grass/mud/rock track then slimey rocks all the way to the waters edge.

Haha Mal,
    It's amazing what you take for granted when you've got a free hand and a pair of good boots on. Nice pics though and glad you got one or two. Better launching from the harbour but a haul to the Head. Try drifting down the side of White Heugh, about 150 yards out. Shorter trip and, probably, just as good.

Comment

Nice pictures. I bet it makes it all worthwhile when your mates don't do well from the rocks but you do because of your kayak. Well done.
      "My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it." - Koos Brandt

Comment

Nice One Mate, Like The Photo's
        Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

Cracking report and pics mate some nice fish landed too well done
          Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Working...
          X