Growler 23/06/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growler 23/06/09

Well as has been said before no two days are the same! We headed off at six fishing the same marks with the same traces, tidal conditions, bait etc and struggled all day. The filleting didn't take long at all this afternon. I didn't realise there were as many scotchies in the North sea either!
    On a positive note though that has got to be the best weather conditions I have ever experienced! Flat calm seas and bright blue skies with light airs. Micky got this one early on.

I got the first ling of the season which was returned

And another piccy of the flat calm sea and our kid!

The mackeral were there in numbers today and that was the bait I got my ling on. Hopefully out again this weekend with some new super protection sun block as I am in agony now!

Graham.

Same story Pool to Amble but you still caught so it nots all bad.

I was thinking of going macky bashing today with the weather nice but decided to stay in bed after nightshift.

Nice catch and day out am sure.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Good day Graham your right about the fish they either play ball or not interested at all, I'm with you on the sun block it kills me too mate
      Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Lost count of how many times I've had " tomatoe head " syndrome after a days fishing .
        You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

It's factor 100 for me now! I am a mass of peeling skin! The worst bits are the bits on my head where I used to have bloody hair!!!! Off out again tonight hopefully for a sneekly few drifts and to fit the aux bracket and engine. Hope the fish are feeding like monday and not tuesday! Its off after that on saturday as well, I am getting away with myself, four trips off in a week! The missus must have lost count!

Graham,

Comment

I was sober as a judge so there was no groundbaiting either, infact that could have been the magic formula, regurgitated stalla!

Comment

Working...
            X