friarage boat comp results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friarage boat comp results

May i take this oppotunity to thank charlie the owner of friarage tackle and bait for the time and effort he put into running this comp, thanks charlie.

Well what a day,over 30 anglers took part today, perfect weather conditions slow drifts couldn't have asked for better, well nearly perfect , we decided not to take any bait out today thinking we would bag up with more than enough fresh mackeral to use and bang into a whooping ling or something and claim the prize..........what a laugh .......managed 2 mackeral all day, one at the start and one 30 minutes before we packed up, although we hit into a ling of just over 6ib within the first 20 minutes and a couple of decent cod even without the mackeral we were considering ringing the bank manager to let him know we were going to deposit our winnings first thing monday morning , then nothing for 2 hours, we tried everything but not even a bite, moved around all over trying but nothing, untill around 1ish it started again we hit into more cod all around 4lb ish and another ling at just over 5lb, then we landed the 2nd maccy which was swiftly cut into bait only to get a few more cod and 1 ling at around 4lb, so with only the one ling of 6lb worth considering for weighing we set off back home, other anglers on the vhf were repoting much the same so we deciced to take our ling for weighing, to our amazement it went into 2nd place, for about 3 minutes , untill another angler turned up with a double figure cod and a ling of around 9lb so that was us of the prize board, not to worry always next time, this is what was paid out for the day.

1ST PRIZE WENT TO LEE ATKINSION WITH A COD AT JUST OVER 10LB COLLECTING £300 (WELL DONE LEE)
    2ND PRIZE WENT TO NEIL WILKINSON WITH A LING AT JUST OVER 9LB COLLECTING £200
    3RD PRIZE WENT TO COLIN CLARKE WITH A LING AGAIN AT JUST OVER 9LB COLLECTING £100

THERE WAS ALSO 5 RAFFLE PRIZES WON ON THE DAY WHICH INCLUDED BOAT RODS, BOAT REELS,BRAID,WRECKING LINE, TRACES, FLOATATION SMOCK,FILLETING KNIFES, BOAT SINKERS ETC ETC ALL MADE UP INTO 5 PRIZES.

TO SUM UP.............A THOROUGHLY ENJOYABLE DAY........THANKS AGAIN CHARLIE.

ANY ONE INTERSETED IN TAKING PART IN THE NEXT COMP CHARLIE IS RUNNING IS ON THE 26TH JULY (SUNDAY) AND CAN GET MORE INFO FROM HIS SHOP IN HARTLEPOOL OR BY CALLING HIM ON 01429 273145.

CHEERS
    PAUL
    The only thing i catch is rough ground and wrecks, at least the local angling shops like me!!!!:

Well done lads lad to see you all had a nice day-thought about you when i was on earlies.
    Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
    X