Stingray Report 21.6.09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingray Report 21.6.09

Well the hard times keep going, i have never in my boating days worked so hard to find the fish...covered no less that 18 wrecks from 2 miles North of the Tyne to 1 mile south of Seaham.

Set off at 7.30am and it was like the A1 close in so called it after picking up 1 codling about 4lb.

Moved to a few fav's....not a bite between 4 of us...tried a few i had never plotted before and picked up 3 ling and 1 codling and loads of scotties.

Moved further south and i was gutted to see 2 of my fav wrecks box netted so headed further south and abit further out. Picked up about 5 mackerel on top of a wreck then 1 small 2lb codling.

Kept going over wrecks until we hit one full of coalie taken 2 at a time and of good size, then we moved closer in and tried a few more i had not fished but nothing doing.
    Started on the trip back and hit a few on the way home.....AT LAST the last one of the day BANG BANG BANG, nothing of great size but 2 at a time for 3 out of the 4 of us on 1st drift then steady away after that but nothing over 6lb.

So 4 ling, 5 mackerel, loads of whiting and scotties and lost count of codling but i was well out done today taken the least i think.

Out again Monday but god only knows what or where to try next....spoke to a few others and same story....11 anglers 24 fish on 1 boat and 3 anglers 1 fish ont he other..

Hard times but still fun times.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

we were out today off st marys way had one codling about 4lb moved back towards north pier picked up nice plaice of about 2lb few whitteing and afew dabs no mackeral

Comment

sunderland 21st june julie ann

started a 6 this morn went to fav mark fish straight awa the my dad got one 10lb good fish
      few more around 4/5lb mark then i got one nearly 13lb then he got another just over 10 lb
      total catch 20 cod 3 ling and the normal scotchies not bad for first proper trip of the season!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Kenny was out on The Boys today, cod to 8lb and a few ling and at last 20 mackeral, so they are starting to show.
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Persistence paid off in the end. Well done lads. Good report.
          All generalisations are false, including this one

Comment

Well percivered mate I was out and same hard graft
            Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Hard work indeed mate but ya still manage to get amongst them
              well done.
              Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Well done rich , I love the way you say "nothing over 6lb" lol , I think if I get one much over 6lb it'll be a p.b. ( I know where there's a giant ling though , and I'm gonna catch it lol.)

Ray

Comment

Working...
                X