Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate 20th June 2009

Slinky Kate Report June 20th 2009 --- Norman, Steve and Tony

Well, as ever out early today ..... haha but not quite as early as Richie .......... we made it 30 mins later than rich at 6.30am

Was quite a bit westerly blowing early this morning so decisions had to be made, do we chance the wrecks knowing that if the wind picks up any it`ll be back breaking coming back in or do we go north and keep inshore at Newbiggin and Cresswell .....................????

cowards (or is that wise old men?) , we chose to do the 3 mile wrecks and wait and see what the wind decided thus keeping our options open.

Set out quite expectant today with reports of mackerel showing everywhere so the game plan was to miss the early inshore marks and head for wrecks, pick up lots of mackerel bait and use mackerel flappers on long flowing traces with enormous hooks to bag big ling and make a name for ourselves ..... doh !
    one missing ingredient .......... the humble mackerel .........

No matter what we did we just couldnt find a single tiger today ...... eventually, after meeting up with Karl on Amadeus he was kind enough to throw us (sealion like) a few mackerel he`d bagged earlier on, which at least gave us a basic scent trail .......

Off we went and visited wreck after wreck but still no mackerel .............. never mind the squid and mussel were doing their stuff and at least a few fish were ariving , although not to the size we`d have liked ........
    ended up with cod and ling (best to 7 1/2 lb - well done steve) and the usual returns of scotties and whiting ......

a few pics of the day and , as ever (although it takes a while to compile) the team video ..........

Early Morning View toward the Piers ....

View Seaward ....

Cod for myself

And a one for Tony

oops seems we didn`t take any stills of Steves fish

and a nice shot of Amadeus

and ........... as ever the video of the day ........

Catch Report Slinky Kate 20th June 2009 on Vimeo

Norm
    Last edited by Norman; 20-06-2009, 10:23 PM. Reason: add video
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Great stuff Norman!
    That second pic is great you captured it well mate

Hope the close in wrecks do ok tommorrow out at 7am good forcast so gonna do as far as 5/7 mile or so out just hope the fish play ball
    Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

No way i beat you out lol

Never heard of that boat like? seen it ona wreck today but when shooting past.

Counted 4 trawlers working the 6-7 mile mark all day, back and forwards...not sure if they taken the mackerel or if the mackerel have just not come in but its shocking...never known it like this in my life time...flat seas warm weather late june and nothing

Was a hard day, as stated on the radio we had 9hrs at it today and only landed 8 over 3lb and we went 12 miles from the Tyne and 5-9 miles off.

Least you caught.....out again at 6.30 Sunday and monday if the weather holds.
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

top report norman well done all

Comment

Hard day for all,great pics thou norman.

Comment

Tough trip fish wise but always a good day...hopefully by the time you've had your hols in the Med Norman and I've shaken off the rigours of Glastonbury the mackerel will be in and we can bag up on lunkers

Hope you enjoyed some of your birthday tipple

The vids are getting better
            Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
            I AGREE

Comment

cheers Tony, thought I`d better taste it last night ... just to make sure lol - thanks lads
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Even though the fish where hard to find and the mackerel didn't show ( well apart from the two that flew from Amadeus ....cheers Carl mate .) I would say that was one of the best days out I've had in a long time .

Well done on the video Norm. looks like the bar just got a bit higher.

I hope you enjoyed your birthday and as I said before ..... you are sooooooooo easy to but for .

Enjoy your hols lads and see you both soon .
                You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

highlight of the weekend norman's video, they just keep getting better and better

Comment

They certainly do!!!

Nice one Norman & Happy Birthday (whenever it is)
                    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

cheers Keith , I fished my birthday

out of interest I just updated the video with a bit better editing, timing and higher quality output

it`s now here .......

Catch Report Slinky Kate June 20th 2009 on Vimeo

]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Belated best wishes then.

Not be long before your favourite fishing T Shirt matches your age

Fantastic video
                        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Its been a pleasure watching the videos norman. To me its more than just fishing. Its a hobby fishing and then the plus is being out sailing on the seas. You have your own space and can go when and where you like.
                          mick
                          Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

As usual, Norman, First class report, pics and video. Always look forward to your reports. Some nice fish caught as well.
                            Well done lads.
                            All generalisations are false, including this one

Comment

Excellent vid Norman looks like ya had a great day well done all.
                              Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Working...
                              X