Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitby, Sea Otter 2, on Tuesday.

Hello all,
    I don't post in the boat section very often because.......er, I don't do much boat fishing However I had a trip out on The Whitby Boat "Sea Otter 2" on tuesday along with lad's from the whitby sea anglers forum.

An early alarm at 4:30 a.m. ensured I arrived in Whitby in plenty of time to board for the 7:00a.m. sailing and it wasn't long before we were heading off to the first marks. There was quite a swell on and even standing up was proving difficult for me but I'm pleased to say that I kept my breakfast down despite feeling a bit "iffy" a few times.

We started off on the hard ground and moved on to a couple of wrecks at about midday.
    The fishing was a bit slow at times but the skipper, Paul Kilpatrick, worked very hard to put us onto the fish, in fact he never stopped all day and did a great job. Thanks to his efforts we all ended up with some canny bags of fish. Thanks Paul.

This was the first time I'd seen Shads being used and Glenn from the Whitby forum (Baramundi Bob) showed me how to fish them, and I ended up getting my first shad caught cod

A few of the lads switched to bait at slack water and caught quite a few ling, some good fish but no monsters.

My biggest fish was a 9 pounder but Glenn pipped this with a fish of 10 pound, here's a few photos.

The lads in action.

"Shark" with a canny cod

Moving on to another mark

My best fish

Regards Ian.

Well done mate some cracking fish there and photos
    keep kids off the streets, give them a rod.

Comment

cany fish mate looks like it was a good day

Comment

cracking report mate looked to be a canny day

Comment

Jason looks like you well into your Whitby fishing now
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Great report & pics Ian.

Did Jase not catch owt, looks like he's standing arms folded, with a pollack lip on, in the Daimien Duff
            Cheers, Keith.

Comment

I thought he'd nodded off, the excitement maybe a bit too much for him
              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Nice report and pics Ian sound like ya had a canny trip well done all.
                Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Well done on the fishing looks like some canny fish. Hoping to get out july for our next police compo.

Mick.
                  Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
                  X