Hardwork catch report 14/06/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardwork catch report 14/06/09

This was Tex`s and my first trip out for over 3 weeks as i had been away to Devon.We set off from Hartlepool Marina about 11.30a.m. on the way out of Harbour a few boats on their way back in, and to our dismay they all said nowt doin, anyway we steamed north to Hawthorn had a drift or two then decided to go upto Whitburn,just outside of the south range flag and inline with the school.First drop bang straight into a fat little 3lber , I was as giddy as a schoolgirl this was my first cod (codling)on our own boat .Continued to drift along same line which produced 5 more for me the biggest just touching 6lb.Meanwhile Tex toiled away with only one tiny codling about 6 inches long.We moved out into a bit deeper water (70 to 80 ft) and first drop Tex banged into a nice cod which weighed in at 7lb he then started to catch regulary.We finished with a nice box of 22 cod and codling Tex had 9 the biggest 7lb I had 13 the largest 6lb.
    Excellent days fishing had by both

this was the first catch of the day

Were they fibbing do you think? ....the boats coming in , or did the fishing just get better later on ? lol .who knows , the moral is , get out there and do it , never mind what anyone else says , if you don't give it a go , you definitely won't catch anything. Nice way to christen your boat

Ray

Comment

excellent days catch that lads and good stamp of fish welldone
      Panel Pin Champ

Comment

well done mate

Comment

Nice one lads, decent haul.

Good to see a report out of hartlepool.

Comment

Cheers everyone,was a cracking day shame we had to travel all the way upto Whitburn, burnt some fuel off like but hey it was worth it.

Comment

Great catch m8 and good report
              Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

you never know your luck

great days fishing matey nice 1.1 day we went out from hartlepool on my boat went down skinny there were loads boats fishing and they had nothing .i moved bwt 300 yards from 1 of them and we caught over 100 codling biggest was 13 smallest 4.just goes to show. still got pics of boat and bath full of fish.then again i is 1 lucky fella i won big comp which was held of seaton carew beach in 1991 1300 fished it .bagged me sel a brand new car all from a 6lb 8oz codling still got paper clippings from that memorable day .

Comment

forgot to mention was boat comp held of seaton carew.

Comment

Working...
                  X