Abidan 16/6/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abidan 16/6/09

Well First trip of the season and it was a bit lumpy to say the least. First time ive felt queezy all the time we were out.

First port of call was just north of the island and caught 1 cod about 2lb moved off to behind the island to see if it was a bit more settled with no joy, both fish and settleness. Tried a few marks south around bondicar and hauxley with the odd cod.
    after about 4 hrs scraping about we decided to head back north of the island picking a cod each on each drift.

In all we caught 10 cod up to 3lb and put a few smaller ones back. using macky and squid on homemade tinsel rigs.

Cant say I enjoyed it much with the sickness it was just one of those sea's that was like been in a washing machine.
    Good to get out though and test the boat and engine, nowt above 8 knots today though.

No macky about either.

Cod were chucking out sandeels as I gutted them....

Looks a bit calmer than it was

2 of the better ones

The days bounty all pan size and fought like buggary.

Excellent start to your season & great report
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Lol ,it always looks calmer on the photos than it does when you are in the boat. We had it like that last time out , made my mate sick but didn't bother me , it's the big lazy swells that get to me. At least you were into the fish to take your mind off it a bit. Nice to see some fish coming from around the island too.

Ray

Comment

Toppa report mate canny first trip out nice one.
        Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Nice one at least you got into fish like Ray said its the swell that get you its a bugga but if your not there n all that well done
          Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

great day out lads welldone on the fishing
            Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Nice one mate ,shame about the sickness though, i was out Sunday and the fish were chucking up prawn.

Comment

Working...
              X