The Boys 13th June 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boys 13th June 2009

Kenny, Skull, Ray & myself out this morning, set off 4.30am and headed straight to the usual inshore wrecks to try the killer crab but only managed 1 cod & strangely 1 ling, don't normally get ling that close in especially on crab. Headed a bit further out to the 3 mile wrecks where we met up Norman & Tony on Slinky who very kindly provided us with brekkie - Cheers lads The fishing was still very slow, we ended up 7 cod & 3 ling & lots of scotchies.

Kenny landed 3 cod all on shads (he's hooked)

I managed 2 cod & 3 ling (2 ling on crab and the other on a shad)

Skull & Ray chipped in with a cod each.

We were crying out for some frash macky, it was obvious the ling were about, we saw other boats landing macky, not in great numbers but we couldn't manage a single one.

Out again tomorrow if the vino lets me get out of bed.

Cheers!
    Cheers, Keith.

Sounds familiar Keith although we did manage a few mackerel - well done on the few anyroad
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Comment

Aye mate, still hard going ......... unless you like scotchies that is (steve enters stage left ! )
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Skull's mate Ray was keeping the bigger ones today, his missus is Thai and apparently makes a mean meal from them, needless to say it took him longer to clean the "jocks" than it took me to clean the proper fish.

With the fishing a tad slow, we did take time out to do a spot of "whale spotting"

Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Nice one Keith is the whale not a basking shark lol
          Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
            Aye mate, still hard going ......... unless you like scotchies that is (steve enters stage left ! )
            nothing wrong with a nice scothchie they are very tatsty
            Alan

Comment

Who put the "use me " bag next to the bloke lying on the deck lol.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                Skull's mate Ray was keeping the bigger ones today, his missus is Thai and apparently makes a mean meal from them, needless to say it took him longer to clean the "jocks" than it took me to clean the proper fish.

With the fishing a tad slow, we did take time out to do a spot of "whale spotting"

what an ugly whale that is

sless

Comment

Never never kick the bloke with the checky shirt on ....even though he's a lazy git .

Nice report Keith.
                  You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Working...
                  X