Whitby 11/06/2009.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitby 11/06/2009.

Well lads we had our police compo yesterday at Whitby. 3 boats. I was on Never-can tell along with another bunch of lads. Two other boats went out shy torque and sea urchin 2.
    John our skipper went straight out to some wrecks only a couple of mile off and it was bang,bang,bang. Some lovely fish caught.
    Heres us on the boat leaving the harbour.

and a few fish the lads caught.

I caught 3 lovely cod 6lb and a couple 5 lbers.
    And yep i lost a real rod bender-must have nearly been a doubler.
    An absolutey fantastic day with an excellent skipper who worked his socks off.
    Thanks to everyone involved.
    Not quite sure of the results at this moment in time.
    Mick.
    Last edited by mick dunn; 12-06-2009, 03:09 PM. Reason: forgot to put me in the pic.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Great stuff Mick, some nice cod there.

How heavy was the cod the lad with the Blyth SAC cap on is holding?
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Spot on Mick mate nice one looks like a cracking day too
      Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Well done mate cracking fish there
        keep kids off the streets, give them a rod.

Comment

Absolutely Brilliant Mick, well done on the catch and great post and pics, hope we find some like that up here soon ....

Norm
          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

nice one mick, im down whitby at the end of next month and im going try and get a days fishing in.

Comment

Great fish

Nice to see some good fish,especially photo,well done

Comment

The cod was a doubler-something like 14lb. its the biggest fish i saw pulled up and it was the lads personal best. Because i was on nights i had to leave straight after the fishing to travel home so i missed the prizes/awards. My mate blackrat texted me to say Durham a team won and our team came third. So all in all a good day.
                I was surprised by the quality of the fishing-mainly because we stuck at wrecks all day. And they were not that far out. Last year we drifted and had no fish near the size we had this year. I will be defo looking to get back some time.
                I,m also gutted over the heavy fish i lost. And i also had another big one which dived back into the wreck.Also lost this one. Still thats fishing for you.
                Mick.

Comment

Quality Mick have had that Jaws moment myself a couple of times, just tell yourself it was a snag it'll make you feel better (honest)
                  Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                  I AGREE

Comment

There lies the problem. I use a line counter on my reel. we fished in an average of 280 feet. i lost the fish at 140 feet. And the skipper was stood behind me saying "well that fish if you had got it up would have won the compo".
                    Never mind it lives to fight another day and thats what its all about.
                    are you going on the mull trip?.

Comment

Mick, the photos have came out really well and I've managed to save them thanks. We shared your Pie, chips and peas at the presentation in case you were concerned good food was wasted!!

The lad in the Blyth SAC cap
                      L.M.H.S....

Comment

Working...
                      X