Wave Dancer out of Amble 1 june 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wave Dancer out of Amble 1 june 2009

Went to work this morning dissapointed that I couldnt get out yersterday due to my partner 'inviting friends around' !

Had only been at work for an hour when I realised what a silly mistake I'd made and because I'm on flexible working I decided to head home at 10:00 am for a day out on the boat.

My partner was also off work and decided to have a 'sunbathing' trip with me so off we set at 11:00 am and headed for my favourite spot, Cresswell Skeers. Thank god I did and what a day we had ........!!

10 mins in and I had my first fish a cod of 4lb followed every 10 mins or so by another. Then...bang a great strike and a hard pull to lift an 8lb cod which was enough to distract my partners sunbathing session and kindle an interest in the fishing.

It was a steady day with periods of inactivity but the weather was nothing short of fantastic, table top sea and constant sunshine with almost no wind.

At about low tide at 4:30 pm another great strike and to my surprise a 4.5 lb ling from the same hard ground followed immediately by another cod of 6lb.

The day in total was about 20 - 30 fish but I now have so much in the freezer that anything under the 3-4 lb mark went back to fight another day.

As those who have read my previous reports I am new to the boating fraternity this season so my exitement over 6 - 8 lb fish may well be amusing to some but let me tell you I absolutely love it and would be happy to have every day at this level.

The only down was that I misjudged the amount of water in the Marina and had to wait an hour on the dock wall before we could get back in but it was well worth it.

Hope the images convey my pleasure sufficiently and to coin a phrase 'I love this fishing, I do'
    Attached Files

Great report and pics, that defo beats work lol nice one mate.
    Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

well done that man and hey nothing wrong with six to eight pounders bloody good fish anytime great report too nice one
      Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Sounds like you had a cracking day mick , the fish must have been on a feeding frenzy today I think. Maybe it's the clear water?
        Low tide seemed to be a lot lower than that predicted , I came in well before the tide bottomed out and was suprised how low the water was.
        Glad your enjoying your fishing , make the most of them 8lbers , they don't come along very often

Ray

Comment

Excellent mick, nice report and pics ...... haha who says fishings gone from the northeast ............ reports coming in by the minute and as can be seen all good fish ......... it dont last long , only a few months (of this standard) so lets make the most of it

once again , great report mate

norm
          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to all again for your comments, hope the weather improves soon as I'm already having withdrawal symptoms.......!!!...cheers

Comment

top session,report,pic's

Comment

Working...
              X