Eleda 1st June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eleda 1st June

Wow what a scorcher , I decided it was too good a day to go to work and went fishing instead , woke at 4am and was into my first codling by 5.30. I'd steamed straight to one of my favourite spots and fished around the northern hills till the tide was nearing it's high. As the bites tailed off I moved out onto a wreck and was into cod from the second my lead hit the bottom.
    There was a certain spot on the wreck that if I drifted over it I got a fish , on two occasions my lead snagged and I pulled for a break , instead of reeling in I left the baits to drift , this resulted in a 5lb cod the first time and a 6lb ling the second
    By 2pm I'd gone through 2 boxes of squid , filled a box with cod and a ling , released an even bigger ling and loads more cod , it really was a fish a drop.
    I also hooked a fish that would undoubtably have been my personal best only for it to slip the hook before I got sight of it
    The water is as clear as I've ever seen it , even in the marina the bottom is clearly visible , but still no mackerel anywhere to be seen (not that I was particularly bothered by that today )
    I'm typing this suffering from serious tennis elbow , 8 hours of hauling cod and ling puts a strain on your joints lol.
    Ah well . work tomorrow (if I can move my arm )

Ray

Nice one Ray ........ you`ve certainly come on a treat this season , well done mate ............

and, by the sound of it you`ve found your own hot spot for cod ...

Cheers

Norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

wow sounds like a hectic session there mate and a box of fish coming back up the river makes any boat anglers day
      Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
        Nice one Ray ........ you`ve certainly come on a treat this season , well done mate ............

and, by the sound of it you`ve found your own hot spot for cod ...

Cheers

Norm
        I've got a good teacher Norm , even if you are "virtual" lol.

Ray

Comment

The water is gin clear at the mo Ray and well done mate good day
          Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Nice1 glad its all comming together for you.

we had a cracking day today and filled the boat, will give the other lads the glory as they took the pics as i never have my camera lol. Should be up tonight or Tue depending on when he gets the chance.
            ................__................................ .............................
            ____[ ~ \_____
            [__On-A-Roll__/
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            P.B
            SKATE 204lb
            COD 51lb
            LING 32lb
            TOPE 40lb
            CONGER 25lb
            HADDOCK 10lb
            HALIBUT 37lb
            COALIE 16lb
            BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Excellent Ray - nice one
              Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
              I AGREE

Comment

Working...
              X