Slinky Kate - Hard Ground 30-5-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate - Hard Ground 30-5-09

The weather people almost got it right this morning but thankfully for those of us that waited till the last minute .... the early easterly wind never materialised and held off till lunchtime ......

I had taken the time to have a run down the coast on the way to the Marina this morning to check out the sea but although it looked set to come away if the wind had got up, at 3.30am it looked more than manageable.

Steve couldn`t make it today so just Tony and myself headed out at the sprightly hour of 4.00am ....

After last weeks hard show of fish both Tony and I had a bit of a score to settle with the Cod ..... (Steve seemed to do all the work last week)
    It wasn`t long before we realised that today was a "Good Day" and the first Codling of about 4lbd fell to Tony before the stroke of 5.00am.

We`d decided earlier that until the mackerel show in a week or two then we`d probably stay inshore, today was deemed a "Hard Ground fishing day", we did give the very close in wrecks a shot but there was not a lot of action, the majority of fish were within a mile of shore.

Met up with Bert, Kenny and Keith on "the boys" fairly early on and enjoyed a traditional liquid breakfast together ..... when they could pull themselves away from catching fish that is..... I look forward to the report ...

The earlier fish fell to baited lures however after we changed to flowing traces the crab and mussle coctails done the job ........

There was a point, when taking photographs of the boys, with my line retracted some 12 ft off the bottom, that the fish still took it ..... to everyone elses enjoyment and my amazement ... (and another one in the bag)

All in all a great day both weather and catch, good to see the wind held off in the morning at least, the sea did look and feel coiled and ready to come away at any moment but ..... it held ...

Tally for the day (other than the go back small ones and the scotchies) was 10 good fish all but a couple over the 4lbd with some in the 7lbd range ......

Great Day as ever, and the curse of the slow long day last week well and truly blown away ............

Cheers again to Cabin boy Tony for his single handed efforts in cleaning duties today .....

Pictures of the day ......

Early Departure through the Lock

Run towards Daybreak

Cod For Tony ..

and a one for myself

and another for Tony ....

The Boys, doing what they do best ...... catchin'

and another for myself

and a hastily (and I mean hastily) put together video of the day ....

Thanks for reading ........

Norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Great stuff Norman, love the audio for the The Boys .

Great morning! Thanks as always for the beers!
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Another great day lads. Well done.
      All generalisations are false, including this one

Comment

Nice clean stamp of fish Norman, things defo seem to be picking up a touch since last weekend.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Excellent again lads,well done.

Comment

Highlight of the week, saturday night watching the Slinky Kate video, well done on the fishes and the vid...can't wait to see you's landing the biggies when the wrecks start fishing, hope you will be mounting a camera on Slinky's roof for some live as it happens outside broadcast's

Comment

Top class report again norman

looks like the boys could do with a bit of a scrub

SEAN
              The beautifull South

Comment

Way to go Norman , I knew last week was just a minor blip lol, does this mean we will be getting a few cod up at Amble in two weeks time then ?

Ray

Comment

Well done lads, good report as always.

Some healthy looking cod there.

Comment

Nice one lads spot on pleased to see you into fish again smiles all round
                    Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Well done team ,sorry I couldn't be there chaps but work spoils many a fishing trip eh .

Great to see it all happening even when I'm not there .

How's ya back today Tony ,all that scrubbing on ya own
                      You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Originally posted by boblydon View Post
                        ...hope you will be mounting a camera on Slinky's roof for some live as it happens outside broadcast's
                        Hmmm laptop and a webcam mounted on the roof of the cabin....endless possibilities

Excellent mornings work Norman - like you say we banished those demons from Bank Holiday Monday with some nice fish and didn't they hang on!

always looking forward to the next trip/episode

Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                        I AGREE

Comment

welldone lads some good fishing there and a cracking video too
                          Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Originally posted by big_sean View Post
                            Top class report again norman

looks like the boys could do with a bit of a scrub

SEAN
                            that's just to attract a few mullet or even the odd tadpole

Comment

pure belta

Comment

Working...
                              X