Eleda 24th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eleda 24th May

Woke up this morning at 6.30am to still air and blazing sunshine , now I'm not supposed to be fishing this weekend because we have a wedding tomorrow (my daughter) but with special dispensation from the one who must be obeyed (the wife ) I shot off to Amble for a few hours out whilst the conditions were good.
    Low tide was supposed to be at 9.15am and 3ft 6" so I reckoned there should be plenty water beneath my boat at 7.30 am....wrong! only just enough as I crept my way over the cill and down through the piers.
    I didn't bother behind the island , just headed down to the northern hill and fished a few unproductive drifts before moving on to cresswell, lots of boats at cresswell made me think there might be lots of fish as well .... wrong again!
    I struggled on for a while for a couple of small codling.
    The wind was really picking up a bit and it was getting a bit uncomfortable so i set off back to the hill , closer to safe haven if it got worse I thought
    The tide was beginning to pick up but the drift was purely down to the wind , which was spoiling my day a bit
    I caught a few more codling though before deciding enough was enough and heading back in . Nothing bigger than about 3lb today , but they must be on steroids the way they were fighting , a couple of times I thought I was into much bigger fish .
    Looks like perfect conditions tomorrow , but I'll be in top hat and tails somewhere else

Ray

Good report Ray,
    The early codling do seem to put up a good fight, all been nice healthy fish for us so far.

Comment

A good report there Ray ,I love catching that stamp of fish ,the fight is fantastic.
      You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

ah well mate out is better than nout well done
        keep kids off the streets, give them a rod.

Comment

your right there mate they seem to like a good scrap first time on the braid for me today carnt fault it great stuff
          Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Working...
          X