The Boys 23rd May 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boys 23rd May 2009

Out with Bert, Kenny & Liam on The Boys this morning for a few hours on the inshore wrecks, Kyle took a Daimien Duff and didn't turn up after the "banter" about his last catch.

We left the moorings about 6am armed with fresh crab & squid but unfortunately only one almost finished spool of bait elastic (good job Jim's on his hols lol) between the four of us as we dicovered as we reached the piers. Luckily Kenny had some cotton thread

Nice flat calm sea and canny drift but not the numbers of fish we are used to at this time of year to the killer crab, the water wasn't very clear but Bert did manage a cod to a shad.

The wind got up around 10.30am so we packed in with a total of 13 cod between the 3 of us (yes I know there were 4 anglers onboard ) About half the fish were a canny stamp around 5lb and they fought like hell, modesty prevents me from saying who was top man with 7

Here's a little ditty for the fourth "angler"

If you join Kyle next can you just leave the keys

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE
    Cheers, Keith.

Nice one Keith, you must have left the wreck anchoring to someone else today.

Comment

Nice report , seems the fish are all down souf (whitby lol.) At least ther'es still a few about for those prepared to look for them.
      I have to say though , the slinky lads do a better fishing video than the boys

ray

Comment

Keith main thing is you lot made it out, its hard going for everyone at the mo and if Berts experiance of marks and the fresh bait cant wangle a few bigguns out it shows how poor it is.

Sure it wont be long until that light switch is flicked and it starts fishing well other than a few codling.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Good report again looks like the cod have migrated to warmer waters

Sean
          The beautifull South

Comment

I see the fish are still hanging around just outside the piers Keith .....

Class video by the way .

I'm just waiting for the nod from Norman for our 3am start in the morning .

P.S. if you see Bert can you tell him my invitation hasn't arrived yet
            You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Aye .... Nod Steve

Nice one keith .... lol I can just imagine the scene all with fresh crab in hand and everyone looking for bait elastic .....

still no signs of mackerel? ....... will look out for them monday ......

norm
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

We didn't go past the 3/4 mile marks Norman so didn't bother trying for them.

Good Luck for tomorrow, life jackets all round in case anyone feels the need to jump over board after the footie only kidding, I still fully expect our lot to cock things up.

I think Keny is out with Skull and a few of his mates, no doubt you'll see them at the pier end.
                Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Well Done lads - just bought fresh crab for tomorrow so we're sorted and I know we have plenty elastic as well
                  Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                  I AGREE

Comment

well done mate
                    keep kids off the streets, give them a rod.

Comment

Working...
                    X