Slinky Kate 2nd May 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldessox View Post
    Great stuff once again lads , I love the slinky reports , even if they do leave me feeling a little bit inadequate lol.
    A couple of questions if i may Norman , you say you stopped off at 30-40 spots , how long do you give a "spot" before moving on? and how far do you need to move before you consider it to be another "spot"?
    Ray
    Ray,
    On a day like yesterday where the wind caused a fair drift we probably gave it sometimes one or sometimes two shots at the same drift of about 4 or 5 mins or so and if no bites then move on ..... 4 or five minutes was about 50 -100 metres. If we caught then repeat the drift.
    Yesterday , although the end result was good was a hard day fishing, there wasn`t a spell where we could have said this is the spot as does happen from time to time.
    As for make a move we worked hard ground until top of the tide with random moves about 0.5 mile at a time (sometimes returning to previous quiet areas in case fish had moved).
    Then tried a few close in (up to only 2 mile) wrecks after the top of tide ....

Norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Well ..........................I don't really see any point in trying to follow the high quality reports already posted as I would just be repeating the pics and vids as well .

Another great day and some great sport to boot .

" Let's go round again " is still ringing in my ears .

We did try a new fishing method mind you ,it's called " bump and catch " , it's very easy to do .......simply bump the bloke next to you on the elbow and he'll catch a fish .....am I right Tony ?.

Not only am I tired today but the suntrap that is The Royal Quays has also blessed me with a " geet red barnet " and of course " golden arms ".

A massive pat on the back to Norman as finding that many fish this early in the season is ALL down to him .

Not long for the bigguns WOOOO HOOOOO.
      You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

nice one
        loved the sound track

sless

Comment

great pics and report you lads certainly look as if you realy enjoy it.
          did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Nice one lads, top notch.

The pressure is on for our future reports tho !!!

Fish, photo's and now video wise.

Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
              Ray,
              On a day like yesterday where the wind caused a fair drift we probably gave it sometimes one or sometimes two shots at the same drift of about 4 or 5 mins or so and if no bites then move on ..... 4 or five minutes was about 50 -100 metres. If we caught then repeat the drift.
              Yesterday , although the end result was good was a hard day fishing, there wasn`t a spell where we could have said this is the spot as does happen from time to time.
              As for make a move we worked hard ground until top of the tide with random moves about 0.5 mile at a time (sometimes returning to previous quiet areas in case fish had moved).
              Then tried a few close in (up to only 2 mile) wrecks after the top of tide ....

Norm
              Cheers Norman , I think maybe I need to search around a bit more , I probably spend too much time in the same area when therre are no fish there . I'm enjoying learning though , next time out I'll move a bit sooner if there is nothing showing.

Ray

Comment

Good stuff. Can't beat getting out at the crack of dawn full of anticipation.

Alan

Comment

Mint report and pics norm well done lads
                  Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Originally posted by wildcard View Post
                    Good stuff. Can't beat getting out at the crack of dawn full of anticipation.

Alan

aye mate likewise ... cheers
                    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

pictures videos what more could anyone ask for in a report

top class again lads

Sean
                      The beautifull South

Comment

First class -the fish /the report /the pics/the video. EXCELLENT looked a cracking day all round.

Comment

Welldone lads and great report as usual
                          Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X