Slinky Kate 2nd May 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slinky Kate 2nd May 2009

Not my Fault - honest .... It was the fault of the moon that we had to set out at 4.30am this morning

The moon and only the moon had decided to push and pull our waters whereby the first low tide of the day would be at approx 4.00am

On the understanding we prefer to fish the tide up from as low as possible this resulted in a 4.30am start
    Good to see both Steve and Tony made it bright eyed and bushy tailed (oh and so did I of course) .....

The forecast for the past few days had been rock solid in the view that it was going to be a consistent 10mph westerly from Friday pm until at least Monday morning, and we weren`t let down.

A Fine run up the river in flat conditions and out to the sunrise ahead ... phew fantastic ......

Stopped off at our favourite first spot not far from the piers only to have Tony break a new boat record ....... the fastest first cod of the day !
    He was into it and lifting through the water before I could get from the wheel and out of the cabin ... nice one Tony ,a great codling of 4lbd in the space of 10 seconds .... how do we follow that ?

Within minutes Steve too was into the same, another codling of about the same size ....
    Then , not to loose his crown Steve began digging into scotchies of all sizes ....

We spent some time today chasing the fish, it wasn`t an easy day by any means as we must have stopped off at 30-40 different spots and with the drift from the westerly wind we had to continually "go round again", however if you work hard then the results are all the more worthwhile.

The results today were 20 kept fish between the three of us with a number into the 6lbd bracket with a bonus of a couple of small ling, with another couple of ling returned (along with many small codling and scotchies).

No Mackerel yet but we`ll be giving it a go next time.

Best fish today, the 6lbdrs, were all caught on close in wrecks with the rest on hard ground to a number of baits and lures .....
    There really didnt seem to be a trend to the baits other than crab and muscle were swallowed greedily by the fish and the hook taken deep down.

All in all a great day out (once again) with the catch I feel deserved bearing in mind three of us fished non stop (apart from the photo sessions) from 5.00am to 1.00pm, thats a full working day to most of us ...... cheers for the company lads.

as always a few pics of the day ...... with a bonus quickie video at the end .......... (I`m sure Tony and Steve will add to this )

The sea ahead ........ fantastic

The ever popular Sunrise ... again, fantastic

After the Last session with Steve and the Trapped Cod, Tony ever optimistic before we left marina in the early hours (only to find on return nothing more than a baby whiting )

Typical Cod of the Day to Tony ...

And a 6lbder to Steve .....

Tony with a superb "Bend" in the rod which resulted in yet another 6lbder ...

Tony Tarrantino (between spells of fishing) ....

Some marks today were so secret Steve and I couldn`t tell Tony where we were so he had to fish in the dark ........

End Result .... three nice bags of fillets ....

And on a relaxing note after the epic journey ............ the celebrations ...
    Steve ....

Tony .....

And myself, Norm ......

And, the bonus Video ..........

thanks for reading ......
    Norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Greareport as always. Well done on finding the fish again lads.
    Best shore caught fish:- Pollock 6lb+ Beadnell, 9lb 8oz Cod Blyth Beach

Comment

Canny Norman

Was a nice day all round today justthat wild building from time to time making the drift abit hard. I never managed any ling today but lots of codling so things starting to look up as the wrecks chucking up the odd one.

8 days until the next trip
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

hi norman...

thought i would come out of lurk mode for a wee while to comment that it's a shame steve had to resort to using a rod this week to catch a 6lber, poor man had to work for it...shame...!!
        Last edited by Les; 02-05-2009, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Excellent day Norman - good steady hard work kind of fishing fishing again

Can't and won't complain though as we're having a bumper start to the year

just a few pics to add...no vids at this time

Norman with one of the Ling...

Never tire of posting these kind of pics and he did have a lot of these today

Picture postcard...

Heading home...

As ever great craic and superb fishing Very very tired...off to bed again soon
          Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE

Comment

kerd

class report that lads.
            does it take you long to do the editing on the film work

Comment

Originally posted by pondlife View Post
              class report that lads.
              does it take you long to do the editing on the film work

lol eerrrrm yes but its interesting
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Great stuff once again lads , I love the slinky reports , even if they do leave me feeling a little bit inadequate lol.
                A couple of questions if i may Norman , you say you stopped off at 30-40 spots , how long do you give a "spot" before moving on? and how far do you need to move before you consider it to be another "spot"?
                I was down at the skeers again today , it was hard work and when it's like that I'm never sure whether to do lots of short drifts over a small area , do longer drifts or move to another skere.
                Lots of boats over the skeres today , counted 12 at one stage , 3 of them looked like charter boats with multiple anglers on them , that could be up to 40 rods all chasing the same fish
                Just hope your theory of two weeks after the tyne works out again and the fish get spread around a bit more

Ray

Comment

excellent stuff lad's . come the weekend i find myself looking forward to your report's and the vid's are "PURE BELTA LIKE"

Comment

Good report. I got out today but will post mine tomorrow. I'm knackered!
                    "My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it." - Koos Brandt

Comment

Oh go on then I had another go as well...I don't the audio is the greatest but you get the gist

Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                      I AGREE

Comment

Well done lads,Great Report,Pictures and video.

Comment

good days fishing and great report and pics

well done lads

good luck for the rest of the weekend to anyone out
                          Regards, Graham

Comment

Wallsendo quote ....
                            "Oh go on then I had another go as well...I don't the audio is the greatest but you get the gist "

Crackin Mate well done .......... did we really catch that many

certainly puts to bed any thoughts of fishing being a boring pastime .... it`s all as busy as it looks there ...... I`m rather "somewhat tired" this morning

Norm
                            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Wallsendo View Post
                              Oh go on then I had another go as well...I don't the audio is the greatest but you get the gist

nice one tony like being there without feeling the green lean

Comment

Working...
                              X