Missy 2nd May 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missy 2nd May 2009

It was our first trip out on the boat today since sailing it back to the marina when we got it.
    We headed out of the lock about 6.30 this morning and steamed over towards skinningrove.
    Not as we expected, it was a little choppy when we got past the middleton with a few white caps but nothing to worry about to much, it flattened off nicely throughout the day only picking up again a little when we were heading back in, so all in all a good day weather wise.

Fish wise we did'nt do great but managed a few small codling up to 3 lb and my dad "codfathersfather" christened the boat and his new rod with a nice pollack of exactly 5lb. All the fish came off wrecks, the ruff ground did'nt do anything for us today.

Not the best of catches but it was a canny day out and gave us a chance to get used to the boat.

5lb pollack

Nice and flat as the day got on.

One of the small codling

One of my little lad when he came down to check the boat out the other day with his mam.
    Top skipper to be.

Good to see you made it out, i was south today but never went past Sunderland...about the same up here for me lots of small codling. Nice pollack and good to see this time of year, or should i call it Colin now
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Nice one codfather (and codfathersfather ) good to get the first trip of a new boat under the belt, hope she sailed well, certainly looks the case.
      Good luck with her.

Norm
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Nice Looking Pollack - glad the maiden voyage went well...look forward to her continuing adventures
        Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
        I AGREE

Comment

nice photos, i love the bairns deck shoes

Comment

Cheers,

The boat was sweet as a nut, so fingers crossed should serve us well.

Good to see Predator heading back in just after us on saterday and managed to say hello.
            We saw Hard Work heading out as we came in aswell, few lads with boats at hartlepool on the forum now.

Comment

geat report and good to see you out i will be back next week

SEAN
              The beautifull South

Comment

Well done on your fish mate.
                "My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it." - Koos Brandt

Comment

nice to hear you caught ,we blanked again went upto Hawthorn then worked away back to marina to be honest we have`nt got a clue where to fish.
                  We just like burning the petrol.

Comment

Working...
                  X